General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swimming Elbow Injury, or Computer Casualty? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-11-28 9:26 PM

Subject: Swimming Elbow Injury, or Computer Casualty?
About 4-5 weeks ago, while training in the pool, I felt I sharp pain in my right inner elbow, as I touched against the wall of the pool to turn around (I push off (no-flip turns)). I dont know if I injured the elbow at that moment, of if perhaps this was the result of a recent emphasis that I have placed on the "pull" portion of my freestyle stroke...had been focusing on that for about 3-4 workouts up to that point.

Since then, the pain has not gone away. I have stayed out of the pool, except for a few light workouts, which only worsen the inner elbow pain. There seems to be a very slight swelling in the inner elbow region, but no apparent heat. I think it might be a tendon. Pain is localized, does not radiate. Icing, or heat does not help much, if at all.

The pain is enough that I have to change position with my arm frequently in spin class, and I cant do a push-up through the full range of motion; pain is too great.

I do spend a lot of time at my laptop, and I use a mouse with my right hand. I lean my hand on the table, and put direct pressure on that area. But I dont know if this injury is related to computer use, of if it's a bone fide pool injury.

Anyone out there experience the same thing? Would love to hear from you. I may have to pay for an x-ray to get to the bottom of this, but would appreciate anyone sharing their experiences.

Thanks!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swimming Elbow Injury, or Computer Casualty? Rss Feed