United States
29F / -2C
Overcast
Total Time = 27m 52s
Overall Rank = 174/446
Age Group = 50-59
Age Group Rank = 20/51
Pre-race routine:

Got up at 7:00. Picked up a Power Bar and a Gatorade on the way to the race. I sat wrapped in a blanket until it was time to warm up.
Event warmup:

At 8:25 I performed a bathroom break and went to the track. I ran 3/4's of a lap with a 1/4 lap walk x 3.
Run
  • 27m 52s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 08m 59s  min/mile
Comments:

The start was a mix of 5K, 10K and walkers. I started to far back and spent the first mile working my way thru the group. I worked at keeping my heart rate between 158 and 160. With an avg HR of 161 I think I did a good job. I worked on form while running.
What would you do differently?:

I am pretty happy with the run. My Heart Rate was where I wanted it to be. I think I need to work on Stride length and Turnover when I am on the treadmill.
Post race
Warm down:

I grabbed a bottle of water and went to the track. I ran 3/4's of a lap with a 1/4 lap walk x 3. My left Achilles was really starting to hurt by this time.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My right hamstring felt tight but not really much for hurting. My left Achilles is still a problem. It is better than it was in October but still not good. Time to start stretching the Achilles during the week.

Event comments:

Continuing to work on my short distance speed. My left Achilles is really holding me back. I love Turkey Trots and this one was as good as any of them.

Last updated: 2010-11-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:27:52 | 03.1 miles | 08m 59s  min/mile
Age Group: 20/51
Overall: 174/446
Performance: Average
Low 154 - Avg 161 - High 166
Course: A counter clockwise loop thru the Sherwood neighborhood. There were two sections on walking trails. Lots of rise and fall with not much flat. I went thru the first 2.1 miles at 17:22 and the last mile at 10:30. I would question the distance or the mile marker because I don't think I slowed down that much.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes