General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lockport - Pool closed 12/12 - 1/2 and now the heater is broken! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2010-11-30 12:10 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL
Subject: Lockport - Pool closed 12/12 - 1/2 and now the heater is broken!
Not sure if I should have just dumped this into COJ as it may be a bit of a rant, but I swam in a pretty cold pool at the gym on Sunday night only to find out that the heater is broken.  The pool is going to be closed from December 12 to January 2, and I could have lived with missing that time from the swim...no biggie.

But losing 5 weeks instead of 3!

BTW - the gym is Challenge Fitness in Lockport.  I'll see if I can get into lap swims in Lemont at the CORE.  Anyone have any other insights?

2010-11-30 12:27 PM
in reply to: #3230547

User image

Elite
Romeoville, Il
Subject: RE: Lockport - Pool closed 12/12 - 1/2 and now the heater is broken!
robburkett - 2010-11-30 12:10 PM

Not sure if I should have just dumped this into COJ as it may be a bit of a rant, but I swam in a pretty cold pool at the gym on Sunday night only to find out that the heater is broken.  The pool is going to be closed from December 12 to January 2, and I could have lived with missing that time from the swim...no biggie.

BTW - the gym is Challenge Fitness in Lockport.  I'll see if I can get into lap swims in Lemont at the CORE.  Anyone have any other insights?

Wow!! that sucks. Is there a masters class there?

I swim at Lifetime fitness on I55 and weber. That's probably the next closest place to you. Maybe see if you can pay for a month or so over there
2010-11-30 8:01 PM
in reply to: #3230547

User image

Regular
Lemont,
robburkett - 2010-11-30 12:10 PM Not sure if I should have just dumped this into COJ as it may be a bit of a rant, but I swam in a pretty cold pool at the gym on Sunday night only to find out that the heater is broken.  The pool is going to be closed from December 12 to January 2, and I could have lived with missing that time from the swim...no biggie.

Hello fellow Challenge Fitness swimmer!  You're a trooper if you swam there without a heater.  I don't swim during my 'off-season' so I didn't know they were going to be closed for three weeks.  I'm glad I read your post or I would have been really irritated had I shown up at 5 in the morning when I start up again right after Christmas!  I have another pool option (gym membership through work) but it's in Homewood and therefore not all that convenient for early morning swims.

I don't have any suggestions for you - I wouldn't be a member at CF if I had a better option since I don't use anything but the pool.  I'm constantly battling water walkers in the swimming lanes no matter the time of day.  Good luck!
2010-12-01 8:13 AM
in reply to: #3231348

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lockport, IL
ctrapper24 - 2010-11-30 8:01 PM

Hello fellow Challenge Fitness swimmer!  You're a trooper if you swam there without a heater.  I don't swim during my 'off-season' so I didn't know they were going to be closed for three weeks.  I'm glad I read your post or I would have been really irritated had I shown up at 5 in the morning when I start up again right after Christmas!  I have another pool option (gym membership through work) but it's in Homewood and therefore not all that convenient for early morning swims.

I don't have any suggestions for you - I wouldn't be a member at CF if I had a better option since I don't use anything but the pool.  I'm constantly battling water walkers in the swimming lanes no matter the time of day.  Good luck!

Why do I think we aren't the only ones that have to deal with that?  I especially love the swimmer in the fast lane that is acting like she is floating down a lazy river.

I looked into CORE in Lemont.  I have yet to hear back from them but I'm betting they'll make some sort of accomodation, like a small fee (a couple bucks?) to jump in.  They are closed as well for the week between Christmas and New Years.  Doesn't anyone TRAIN during that week?  I know we want people to enjoy their holidays, BUT STILL...

By the way - I found out yesterday that the heater is fixed at CF.
2010-12-09 8:43 PM
in reply to: #3231760

Veteran
Chicago
robburkett - 2010-12-01 8:13 AM
ctrapper24 - 2010-11-30 8:01 PM

Why do I think we aren't the only ones that have to deal with that?  I especially love the swimmer in the fast lane that is acting like she is floating down a lazy river.

I looked into CORE in Lemont.  I have yet to hear back from them but I'm betting they'll make some sort of accomodation, like a small fee (a couple bucks?) to jump in.  They are closed as well for the week between Christmas and New Years.  Doesn't anyone TRAIN during that week?  I know we want people to enjoy their holidays, BUT STILL...

By the way - I found out yesterday that the heater is fixed at CF.

I used to swim at Lemont Park District and that pool is a heck of a lot better than Challenge Fitness, Lemont seems a lot cleaner.  I use to swim at Challenge Fitness with Team In Training.  Im not worried about missing a week of swimming between the holidays, I plan on enjoying a week off of swimming.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lockport - Pool closed 12/12 - 1/2 and now the heater is broken! Rss Feed