General Discussion Race Reports! » Inside Out Sports White Lake International Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Inside Out Sports White Lake International - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
White Lake, North Carolina
United States
Set Up Events
81F / 27C
Precipitation
Total Time = 2h 57m 38s
Overall Rank = 169/337
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 22/38
Pre-race routine:

Picked up Maria at 4:30AM and headed for White LAke. We got there about 6:10AM and parked in the FFA area, next to the transition area. After racking our bikes we went to packet pickup and got our body markings and timing chip.As we finished setting up the transition area it started to rain so we jumped in the truck.The rain didnt last long and we were out talking to other tri-warrior team members.
Event warmup:

prior to my 8:24AM start I jumped in the lake and swam to warm up.
Swim
  • 43m 2s
  • 1640 yards
  • 02m 37s / 100 yards
Comments:

I was very slow again. The water was very choppy and I could feel myself being lifted and dropped by waves. I did have leaking goggle issues, and had to stop several times to let the water out of the goggles so I could see again.
What would you do differently?:

I would make sure my goggles are snug
Transition 1
  • 02m 8s
Comments:

I ran from the swim, put on garmin and shirt, then after a swipe on the towel by each foot slipped on my bike shoes. I then put on the sunglasses and helmet and was off.

I cant think of anything, it went pretty smooth.
Bike
  • 1h 19m 43s
  • 27.96 miles
  • 21.04 mile/hr
Comments:

I gave the bike all that I had. There would be no excuses for a slow time. I have the Equinox and Bontrager Aeolus 6.5 carbon wheels. The rest is up to me. My time was respectable at 21 mph.

I need to get used to grabbing the lower water bottle from the aero position.I never touched it because my balance on the TTX isnt as good as it is on the 2.1
Transition 2
  • 01m 34s
Comments:

Had to run with the bike through the transition area all the way to the other side and rack it. Then come out of the bike shoes into running shoes. Take off the helmet, grab water bottle off the bike (which had infinite in it) and run.

I dont think anything, it went good. My time was slower by about 30 seconds and Im not sure why.
Run
  • 51m 13s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 15s  min/mile
Comments:

ran strong.I tried to keep around 8 min miles but that was impossible.I did pass alot of walkers and knew that on this day there was no excuse for walking.
Post race
Warm down:

felt great after the run. Minor stretches was about all. I grabbed a water for when Maria came through the finish line.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

nothing

Event comments:

I liked the fact that we are knowing more and more of the athletes. I just wish setup events had better post race activities.

Last updated: 2010-12-02 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:43:02 | 1640 yards | 02m 37s / 100yards
Age Group: 29/38
Overall: 0/337
Performance: Average
Suit: tri shorts only
Course: Triangle swim started at left pier and went out clockwise. The first triangle was out and slightly to the left of the pier, as you circle around the left side you traveled in a straight line to the right and circled that triangle. You then headed back to the right side pier.
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 81F / 27C Current: High
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Below average
Waves: Below average Navigation: Average
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 02:08
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
01:19:43 | 27.96 miles | 21.04 mile/hr
Age Group: 14/38
Wind: Headwind with gusts
Course: there were 6mph winds that felt like 60. The road was covered with cracks and made for a very bumpy 28 miles. I saw many water bottles on the ground that were tossed from bikes because of the bumpy ride.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence: 90
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:34
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:51:13 | 06.21 miles | 08m 15s  min/mile
Age Group: 21/38
Course: Out of the FFa and turn right. Make a right on 701 and after 3.1 miles turn around and come back.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Below average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-12-02 8:34 AM

User image

New user
Fayetteville
Subject: Inside Out Sports White Lake International
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Inside Out Sports White Lake International Rss Feed