General Discussion Triathlon Talk » National Marathon: Official VA Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2011-03-28 8:50 AM
in reply to: #3417501

User image

Veteran
Fairfax, VA
Subject: RE: National Marathon: Official VA Thread

I got a 5 1/2 min PR but not the hoped-for BQ. 

3:22:30

Yeah - I hear you on the hills.  I expected the one near Adams Morgan from miles 4-8, but it was the ones after mile 20 that really did me in.  Also, I forgot to turn off autopause on my Garmin and didn't realize it was auto-pausing in the underpasses (particularly the 9th St Tunnel) so my Garmin elapsed time was a good 4 min off the race clock by the end, which messed me up. 

It would have been nice to see more race clocks in the last half of the course - I don't remember seeing any.  However, I'm not sure I could have compensated properly even if I had known that I was slipping behind my target time of 3:20.  Those mi 22 - 25 hills were very hard and never seemed to end.

This was a fun race to run, though.  Pretty well organized and running through closed streets in DC is great under any circumstances.  DC is a cool city, I'm glad I live nearby :-)

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » National Marathon: Official VA Thread Rss Feed  

of 2