United States
32F / 0C
Overcast
Total Time = 48m
Overall Rank = 619/
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 33/137
Pre-race routine:

Nice that the race was only 15 min from the house. HAd a bowl of oatmeal, coffee and went to Busch GArdens. Once we got there we met up with the Henrys, waited in the car, till 30 min from race time. Walked to the start only to find out that they delayed the race for 30 min. It was fricken freezing so we went back to the car.
Event warmup:

Other that jumping up and down to keep warm nothing else. Line was to dang long for the potties. really had to go, waitd=ed till the start of the race for the line to thin out but it didn't so just waited till after.
Run
  • 48m
  • 4.97 miles
  • 09m 40s  min/mile
Comments:

Was really surprised how good I felt after running 10 miles in VA Beach at the Surf-n-Santa race. Had to pee so bad that all I could think of was getting to the finish! Saw Ashley towards the end of the race and push a bit harder to try and catch her.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing really, just did this as training and to do a race with my hubby. He did a great job coming 5th in his AG!! Not to shabby for not really running much since high school.
Post race
Event comments:

This was an OK inagural race. Should have never delayed the start time 30 min because of traffic problems on 64. Was to damn cold for those people who got there on time. I really didn't like run course looping through the parking lot so much. Would have been much better doing 2 loops through the park itself. The front runners had to run against 1600 people at the very beginning.

Last updated: 2010-11-10 12:00 AM
Running
00:48:00 | 04.97 miles | 09m 40s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/137
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course: Around the parking lot, through Busch Gardens, back out to the parking lots and finished at the parking pay tolls.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2010-12-05 7:23 PM

User image

Expert
Williamsburg, VA
Subject: Christmas Town Dash

2010-12-05 8:58 PM
in reply to: #3237584

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
Subject: RE: Christmas Town Dash

Nice run pace after the 10 miler yesterday.

Cold and need of a potty makes me run faster too Wink

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Christmas Town Dash Rss Feed