Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2010-12-19 9:21 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas
Subject: Survivor Finale - Spoilers

The jury is just voting.

I think Fabio should win this thing but looks like they are showing a lot of votes for Lunkhead...I mean Chase

2010-12-19 9:24 PM
in reply to: #3254355

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas
Subject: RE: Survivor Finale - Spoilers

4-4 tie.  WOW

2010-12-19 9:24 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Yeah Fabio!

2010-12-19 10:21 PM

User image

Master
White Oak, Texas
Of the three I was glad to see him win Now I have to wait for February.
2010-12-19 10:22 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
I was actually screaming in excitement when Fabio won the two immunity challenges.

And I was happy that he won.  But WHAT was with that stuff he was saying afterwards?  It didn't even make sense....

Excited for next season.....I wish they would bring Jimmy Johnson back for another round...I mean, he applied three times so he should get three shots, right?  
2010-12-19 11:14 PM
in reply to: #3254392

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

I am glad that Fabio won of those three. But I am bummed that it was so close with Chase. JUST DON'T GET It.   I understand that Sash was playing a bit dirty, but at least he had a plan.  I just don't get Chase at all!

Edited by BikerGrrrl 2010-12-19 11:14 PM

2010-12-20 9:15 AM

User image

Champion
Bellingham, Washington
NaOnka  and Shannon still don't get it.   She thinks she had the best strategy and played nice.   And Shannon is still clueless.

February is so far away. 
2010-12-20 10:23 AM
in reply to: #3254717

Master
Memphis, TN
BellinghamSpence - 2010-12-20 9:15 AM NaOnka  and Shannon still don't get it.   She thinks she had the best strategy and played nice.   And Shannon is still clueless.

February is so far away. 

That guy is just a closed minded jerk.  Classic when Probst cut him off

Yay for Fabio.  I would have rather Chase won than Dan.  He never did anything to deserve the million.  Sash was on the outs 3 times but always came back and was in control.  That's pretty good gameplay.  Chase did make some tough decisions to vote out Brenda, who is smokin by the way, and Jane. 

Can't figure out how Jane was so pissed then votes to give the money to the guy that cut here throat. 

The way Chase came out and said bring it came off as kind of to aggressive to start the jury question time but I think he got alot of credit with the cancer foundation comment like Fabio did when he cried.  I like that he jumped into some questions rather than just sitting there when he wasn't being asked anything. 

What was up with Alina saying she wanted to give the money to a MAN not a boy.  Did Fabio shag her and not call back or something?  Good for Marty for calling a a with Chase. 

Sash was vague with his answers so it was easy to see him as a snake by the tribe. 

I like the idea of quitters not being on the jury.  The fact that Purple Kelly and NaOnka got to vote is a crime.  Nice gratuitous down the shirt boob shot on the part of the producers when Purple Kelly voted.

Brenda, I hope to see you on the next All-Stars yellow bikini and all.
2010-12-20 10:37 AM
in reply to: #3254831

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
Jtiger - 2010-12-20 10:23 AM
BellinghamSpence - 2010-12-20 9:15 AM NaOnka  and Shannon still don't get it.   She thinks she had the best strategy and played nice.   And Shannon is still clueless.

February is so far away. 

Yay for Fabio.  I would have rather Chase won than Dan.  He never did anything to deserve the million.  Sash was on the outs 3 times but always came back and was in control.  That's pretty good gameplay.  Chase did make some tough decisions to vote out Brenda, who is smokin by the way, and Jane. 

Can't figure out how Jane was so pissed then votes to give the money to the guy that cut here throat. 

The way Chase came out and said bring it came off as kind of to aggressive to start the jury question time but I think he got alot of credit with the cancer foundation comment like Fabio did when he cried.  I like that he jumped into some questions rather than just sitting there when he wasn't being asked anything. 

What was up with Alina saying she wanted to give the money to a MAN not a boy.  Did Fabio shag her and not call back or something?  Good for Marty for calling a a with Chase. 

Sash was vague with his answers so it was easy to see him as a snake by the tribe. 

I like the idea of quitters not being on the jury.  The fact that Purple Kelly and NaOnka got to vote is a crime.  Nice gratuitous down the shirt boob shot on the part of the producers when Purple Kelly voted.

All good observations!

I agree about Alina...WTF was up with that?  All I can think of is that she was the first one voted off like two weeks ago, maybe she didn't see the same Fabio that everyone else saw?

Sash was definitely a snake.  He DID come from the outs three times...but so did Fabio.  When are people going to learn that you can't backstab that many people (ahem, RUSSELL!) and win???  Redemption Island should fix some of that.  Are you going to backstab someone that could then come back into the tribe?  You'd have to think long and hard about it!  Definitely no backstabbing people who are good at challenges.

I wonder if Fabio was holding back on previous challenges so that he would not be perceived as a threat...
2010-12-20 11:27 AM
in reply to: #3254872

Master
Memphis, TN
jldicarlo - 2010-12-20 10:37 AM

February is so far away. 

All good observations!

I agree about Alina...WTF was up with that?  All I can think of is that she was the first one voted off like two weeks ago, maybe she didn't see the same Fabio that everyone else saw?

Sash was definitely a snake.  He DID come from the outs three times...but so did Fabio.  When are people going to learn that you can't backstab that many people (ahem, RUSSELL!) and win???  Redemption Island should fix some of that.  Are you going to backstab someone that could then come back into the tribe?  You'd have to think long and hard about it!  Definitely no backstabbing people who are good at challenges.

I wonder if Fabio was holding back on previous challenges so that he would not be perceived as a threat...

You hear alot of players say they held back to not be a threat and it clearly worked out for Fabio.  It does seem the snakes like Richard Hatch and the like are a dying breed in this game to win.  I think the art of this is to be the puppet master and make others look like the  bad guy when you're in control like Cerie, Earl and Yul several seasons ago.  Chase was stupid to be so arrogant when Dan was voted out and Jane.  Just told them that was going to happen and gave them time to scramble and make other deals but they didn't.

I'm not so sure how "redemption island" will play out.  If it's a physical challenge the biggest guy voted out should win I suppose but you have nobody like exile island and can go crazy quick and you have all the work to do for yourself like get water and make fire.

Alina was clearly angling the end to be brought back for and All Stars but she was so insignificant it would be  a crime to invite her back. 

I like how Fabio truly won.  It reminds me of when Aras won and the Navy pilot Terry Dietz won every immunity except the last one and went home.  He was so close.
2010-12-20 11:39 AM
in reply to: #3254958

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
Jtiger - 2010-12-20 11:27 AM
jldicarlo - 2010-12-20 10:37 AM

February is so far away. 

All good observations!

You hear alot of players say they held back to not be a threat and it clearly worked out for Fabio.  It does seem the snakes like Richard Hatch and the like are a dying breed in this game to win.  I think the art of this is to be the puppet master and make others look like the  bad guy when you're in control like Cerie, Earl and Yul several seasons ago.  Chase was stupid to be so arrogant when Dan was voted out and Jane.  Just told them that was going to happen and gave them time to scramble and make other deals but they didn't.

I'm not so sure how "redemption island" will play out.  If it's a physical challenge the biggest guy voted out should win I suppose but you have nobody like exile island and can go crazy quick and you have all the work to do for yourself like get water and make fire.

Alina was clearly angling the end to be brought back for and All Stars but she was so insignificant it would be  a crime to invite her back. 

I like how Fabio truly won.  It reminds me of when Aras won and the Navy pilot Terry Dietz won every immunity except the last one and went home.  He was so close.

See, I would like redemption island.  I am very used to spending time by myself and honestly, being alone would keep me out of trouble!  I talk too much and with no one to talk to it wouldn't be a factor!   The hardest part would be getting a fire going in the first place.  Once you get it started you just have to keep it going.  Gathering wood isn't all that much work if you just grab a few every time you take a walk.

I think Fabio won a lot of votes by winning the last three immunity challenges.  Also, because he was usually "clueless" on who was getting voted off no one ever saw him as the bad guy.

If I went on this show the absolute hardest thing for me to do would be to sit back and not do anything.  I'm a loudmouth by nature.  I would have to truly bite my tongue or I would be gone in a heartbeat!  Initial strong players rarely get anywhere!

2010-12-20 1:38 PM

User image

Master
Redlands, CA
I'm glad Fabio won! 

The fact that some of the other 'players' mocked him behind his back, and he ended up winning it all was awesome.  I don't think he's a millionaire though if he didn't cry in front of the jury.
2010-12-20 5:20 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Virginia
I was annoyed that Fabio won. I liked those who have a few more braincells, or at least play that way. I liked Holly and the game she played. I also think that Sash and Chase played more strategic games rather than just riding along and seeing what happens. 
2010-12-20 5:45 PM

User image

Elite
I'm totally stoked Fabio won!  The show was a flaming turd until Fabio won those 2 immunity challenges!  He totally saved his own skin by winning those challenges.  
Brilliant move to get rid of Holly instead of Sash or Chase.  
Judd (a.k.a. Fabio) wasn't as dumb as people thought.  Brilliant gameplay.
It's awesome when a nice person wins the game.
Say what you will about him, but the guy seems nice as heck.

Terrible season, great finale.

Dan and Jane were awesome! at the questioning session pre-final vote.

The chick that called Fabio a "boy" embarrassed herself.  What a loser.  

Chase's $100,000 for cancer ploy was a good last-ditch effort, but he came up short.
Did he mention it earlier in the game?  If he had mentioned it earlier in the game, I will take back calling it a "ploy."  But when you whip that out pre-final vote, dude, that's a ploy and hard gameplay.  

2010-12-20 6:50 PM

User image

Master
These guy's were totally idiots.  Still shocked they did;t change there vote a few councils ago when Jeff was basically laying it out to them.

And Fabio...yeah he was clutch at the end.  But he was not playing dumb...that dude is aloof.  Also unclear how he is "surfer dude" after living in Venice Beach for 10 months and the other 20 years in Wisconsin???   but worst of all...did you hear his business plan??  oh boy.  Not the guy to have a million so young.  With no real skillsket this guy will be on his arse when that biz plan fails.
2010-12-20 7:39 PM
in reply to: #3255554

User image

Elite
sax - 2010-12-20 7:50 PM These guy's were totally idiots.  Still shocked they did;t change there vote a few councils ago when Jeff was basically laying it out to them.

And Fabio...yeah he was clutch at the end.  But he was not playing dumb...that dude is aloof.  Also unclear how he is "surfer dude" after living in Venice Beach for 10 months and the other 20 years in Wisconsin???   but worst of all...did you hear his business plan??  oh boy.  Not the guy to have a million so young.  With no real skillsket this guy will be on his arse when that biz plan fails.

Okay sax, I will admit I mentioned to my wife that the $1 million would basically be a small stimulus plan for his hometown, was it St. Louis?  Ha, yeah, very unrealistic about the money.  He needs to talk to both an agent and a financial planner.  He's got looks that can get him gigs...and I'm pretty sure the Survivor winners have autograph signings, etc. where he can rake in some cash.  Use that 5 minutes of fame and work hard for a year until the fanfare dies off.  

The fact is, that $1 million will likely be almost chopped in half.  Hopefully he's got smart folks around him.

2010-12-20 7:49 PM
in reply to: #3255582

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
ChineseDemocracy - 2010-12-20 7:39 PM
sax - 2010-12-20 7:50 PM These guy's were totally idiots.  Still shocked they did;t change there vote a few councils ago when Jeff was basically laying it out to them.

Okay sax, I will admit I mentioned to my wife that the $1 million would basically be a small stimulus plan for his hometown, was it St. Louis?  Ha, yeah, very unrealistic about the money.  He needs to talk to both an agent and a financial planner.  He's got looks that can get him gigs...and I'm pretty sure the Survivor winners have autograph signings, etc. where he can rake in some cash.  Use that 5 minutes of fame and work hard for a year until the fanfare dies off.  

The fact is, that $1 million will likely be almost chopped in half.  Hopefully he's got smart folks around him.

Yeah, at 21 a million won't help you too much.  Though, he could probably put it in the bank or a moderate mutual fund or something and partially live off the interest.  That's probably what I would do...it would then enable me to get a job that I enjoy because I enjoy it not because I need a lot of money.  You'd still need a job (with interest rates so dang low), but you wouldn't need a stellar job.  But still, $1M is still $1M.  I don't think I've even made $1M yet in my life....
2010-12-20 8:48 PM

User image

Master
oh don't get me wrong, $1M is a lot, esp at that age when it can contunie to grow...but he should think of it like he just inherited a trust fund...not like he has to spend it on a wacky business plan of "undermining the government and connecting artists worldwide"  what the heck is that???  Oh there's been worse ideas I'm sure...but he is dangerous in that he has a mill to throw at it.  ouch.

oh and one more thing...they painted Jane as this poor old lady living in this rural farm area.  And then reveal (not sure why they went there) that she makes $50K...reality check!  $50K is a great income for a single woman, exp living in a rural farm town.  that's like a $150K in a big town! 
2010-12-20 9:48 PM
in reply to: #3255633

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

I was surprised when Jane admitted her salary - even she looked embarassed.  I bet Jeff was expecting to hear something more like 20k.

I watched the Ponderosa footage for Holly arrival and can see now that those guys should have kept her until the end and not Chase.  She got the biggest cold shoulder.  I don't think she would have gotten any votes.  I was surprised...  After seeing NaOnka, Brenda, etc, everyone welcomed with open arms, it's as big deal to be shunned like that. 

2010-12-21 8:42 AM
in reply to: #3255663

Master
Memphis, TN
BikerGrrrl - 2010-12-20 9:48 PM

I was surprised when Jane admitted her salary - even she looked embarassed.  I bet Jeff was expecting to hear something more like 20k.

I watched the Ponderosa footage for Holly arrival and can see now that those guys should have kept her until the end and not Chase.  She got the biggest cold shoulder.  I don't think she would have gotten any votes.  I was surprised...  After seeing NaOnka, Brenda, etc, everyone welcomed with open arms, it's as big deal to be shunned like that. 

I guess I need to watch the footage because I thought she would have got the Mom factor vote because she was a Mom to all those out there like NaOnka, Fabio, Chase, etc.  I'm surprised the NaOnka and purple Kelly were welcomed and quit, I thought at least ultra-competitive Marty would have been pissed.  I know I would have been.
2010-12-21 10:55 AM
in reply to: #3255896

User image

Expert
Westchester, NY

I think it was clear, based on what Probst said about the new rules, that there must've been some contractual issues about leaving the quitters off the jury.  Glad they addressed that for the future.

I'm on the fence about "Redemption Island."  We shall see.

Also, was this the first year they did not do the auction challenge as well as the "eat gross stuff" challenge?

2010-12-21 11:02 AM
in reply to: #3256159

User image

Expert
Parker, Co

Didnt see one...I think a challenge where they can buy food, clothing or an item for tribal use...like a fishing pole or flint, tarp etc would be great...see who can think strategically and make the best purchase to further their "survival"...

Side note..whoever designs challenges is a genius...great variety and then the team that has to build them in the middle of nowhere are awesome too....unsung heroes of the show

2010-12-21 11:23 AM

User image

Regular
Who voted Fabio and who voted Chase? Did they show it? I was glad that Fabio won. I think he played like he was a lot dumber than he really was. Being aloof and being dumb are two different things all together.

Not really sure what I think about redemption island. I don't like the quitting rule change either. If the rule was in place Na would have been on the jury and purple would not have been. They would have just added one more challenge to get the odd number. I say if they quit they are off the show and not on the jury, don't leave it up to the producers to decide.
2010-12-21 2:58 PM
in reply to: #3256242

User image

Expert
Westchester, NY

I don't like the quitting rule change either. If the rule was in place Na would have been on the jury and purple would not have been. They would have just added one more challenge to get the odd number. I say if they quit they are off the show and not on the jury, don't leave it up to the producers to decide.

Huh?  How would Na have been on the jury?  Neither of them would have been.  They both quit.

2010-12-21 5:08 PM

User image

Elite
Hey, I'd like to give a shout out to Holly as "most improved" in terms of looks when they came back out for the show in NY City.  She's an attractive lady all dolled up...even if the hair style seems to be circa 1982.

Fabio took a dip looks-wise, he morphed into Kojo from E! Channel's red carpet nonsense.  

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor Finale - Spoilers Rss Feed  

of 2