General Discussion Race Reports! » Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Indianapolis, Indiana
United States
Indianapolis Monumental Marathon, Inc.
22F / -6C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 01m 57s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up about an hour and a half before time to line up. Ate some oatmeal and a protien bar. Took my prerace dump and got dressed
Event warmup:

Walked to start like did some light streching and tried to push my way up toward mt pace group but no such luck.
Run
  • 2h 01m 57s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 19s  min/mile
Comments:

I will say I was pretty happy for my first 13.1. I noticed some transiate pain every now and then in different spots but for having taken two weeks off prior to the race I was happy over all with my finish. I hate when people don't have enough respect for pace group line ups. There were people walking within the first half mile...... I guess I will get up earlier next time!
What would you do differently?:

Get up earlier to get more up front.
I lost the last third of my second jell pack. I thought I was putting it in my pocket but I guess I put it between my race belt and my jacket and missed my pocket all together so the last 2 miles I think I could have used a bit more fuel but all in all I was happy. Wish I had paid a bit more attention to time so I could have picked up enough to finish in under 2 hours but I beat the other guys I was running with by 7 and 8 minutes!
Post race
Warm down:

Covered up with some tinfoil and I was surprised how that thin peice of nothing did make me warmer! Should have had my family bring me dry clothes so I could have changed into a shirt and jacket that would have been warmer

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I think the crowd did really. I am amazed at people who either don't understand chip timing or don't care about other racers and that kind of irks me.

I think if I had the last bit of my second jell pack I would have been better off at the end

Always look back and think I could have done better!

Event comments:

Great race put on very well. It was cold which made the after race not so fun. Got a few pics and then got a warm shower which was great! I think I may do the full 26.2 next year.

Last updated: 2010-12-23 12:00 AM
Running
02:01:57 | 13.1 miles | 09m 19s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: Course was really flat and was very crowded for most of the run
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2010-12-23 9:45 AM

User image

New user

Subject: Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon Rss Feed