General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hot Tub, Sauna Nudity at the Gym? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2011-01-04 6:57 AM
in reply to: #3275901

User image

Regular
Niddatal, Germany
Subject: RE: Hot Tub, Sauna Nudity at the Gym?
gearboy - 2011-01-04 12:59 PM
First of all, we are talking about AMERICAN bodies, not German bodies.  And, at least at my gym, most of them are not something to look forward to seeing naked.

Second, at least at my gym again, people go straight into the sauna or jacuzzi without so much as a quick rinse beforehand.  I really don't care to find out whether or not someone has good hygiene habits by the bacterial or fungal infections their bare bottoms and genitalia leave behind. Bring a towel and use it. I also am not a big fan of being on the lower set of benches while some dude dangles himself right at my neck on the upper set.

Well, not all Swiss or German people are triathletes or look good otherwise. Doesn't mean my aesthetic standards are the benchmark by which to decide if someone gets to be naked in a sauna. Ugly people have the same rights.

However, I totally agree with you re personal hygiene. Showering is strongly encouraged by the management or even mandatory in the saunas I know. As is the use of especially large sauna towels to sit or lie on while in the sweat booth. It's just the wearing of towels in the sauna I find silly. As if it wasn't hot enough already.

2011-01-04 7:00 AM
in reply to: #3270564

User image

Veteran
asheville, nc
I've seen it too and I find it gross.  Showers are different, you're getting clean. Saunas you wear a towel...a hot tub, you're sharing with other people.  Gross.
2011-01-04 7:03 AM
in reply to: #3272679

User image

Veteran
asheville, nc
Plissken74 - 2011-01-02 4:06 PM you have too many problems about this in US. here in Switzerland, all saunas or steam baths are mixed, women and men together and strictly naked. what's the problem?

I'm all for the naked women...it's the naked men I have a problem with!
2011-01-04 8:01 AM

Veteran
These types of threads come up fairly regularly and they seem to always revolve around "old people" and what they are doing. Am I wrong or is it the younger people who have such a problem with nudity and such? You would think it would be the opposite and all the "ripped bodied"triathletes would be the ones prancing around naked.
2011-01-04 8:09 AM

User image

Champion
Atlanta, Ga
Just a random thought here:

If you are using a towel to sit on, why does it matter if the person before you had a towel or not and what their hygene habits are. 

On the body image/nudity thing: 

I always find it interesting the issue people, mainly in the US, have about nudity and the human body.  It's a personal hang-up, I get it.  But most people don't see it as a personal thing, but rather a problem with the other person.
2011-01-04 9:38 AM
in reply to: #3275960

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
RookieIM - 2011-01-04 7:03 AM
Plissken74 - 2011-01-02 4:06 PM you have too many problems about this in US. here in Switzerland, all saunas or steam baths are mixed, women and men together and strictly naked. what's the problem?

I'm all for the naked women...it's the naked men I have a problem with!

I suppose I'm of the opinion that... if you don't like it don't look? Or don't participate?
And if it is truly offensive (not just "someone was changing and I saw some berries") or breaking club rules, then report it for goshsakes.

It's a locker room. It's a sauna. You will see neekid peoples.

2011-01-04 9:43 AM

User image

Elite
Phoenix, AZ
I've reported creepers, and I've seen shady activity. I've seen uglies nekkid (both sexes) and it just taught me that as your body falls apart, you become oddly proud of it. There's some comfort in that. ...for some reason.

Anyway, shady activity:
I was swimming laps, and this weight lifter dude, all puffed up walks into the lady's locker room. I thought it was a mistake, but then he came out, looked around, and went back in! I never figured out what he was doing in there, but there weren't any alarms going off.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hot Tub, Sauna Nudity at the Gym? Rss Feed  

of 2