Sunny
Total Time = 3h 03m 31s
Overall Rank = 132/154
Age Group = 45-49
Age Group Rank = 6/6
Pre-race routine:

Up early, breakfast and drive to Allen-1 hour
Event warmup:

I spent as much time stretching as I could stand in the cold. Before I left I hit the foam roller on my left thigh/quad. At the event I stretched for about 30 minutes and them some light jogging-light jogging is all I could do today anyway
Run
  • 3h 03m 31s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 14m 01s  min/mile
Comments:

I ran my plan. I planned a 5:5 minute run walk ratio because that had worked with out any real pain the week before. My number one goal was to not re-injure myself. I haven't run more than maybe 3 times since Thanksgiving Day following a torn hip or quad muscle. I was happy to finish and feeling good. I never really got to breathing hard, my leg/hip would not let me run hard enough for that> I let my own instincts tell me when to back off. The run segments were a very slow shuffle
What would you do differently?:

Don't get hurt 6 weeks before the race!
Post race
Warm down:

pace, some lighter stretching, ate some bagels, chatted a bit then headed for my truck to crank up the heat!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Injury!

Event comments:

They did a very nice job for the first year running this race. The event was capped at 200 participants. I don't know if the course could accommodate more or not-maybe next year. too bad about the temperature, I know that this would of been a fine race to linger around for a while, but I needed to get warm!

Last updated: 2010-08-31 12:00 AM
Running
03:03:31 | 13.1 miles | 14m 01s  min/mile
Age Group: 6/6
Overall: 6/154
Performance: Below average
Course: An out and back mostly on multi use paved trails. A nice route, mostly avoided public streets with a few minor exceptions. No police were required. However stretching this out lead to a number of twists and turns. I crossed one bridge 4 times :). It was well marked with a few minor exceptions with great volunteers standing out in the cold/wind
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes