Age Group Rank = 0/
Event warmup:

Not much, ran 10 minutes just to move the legs a bit
Run
  • 22m 11s
  • 5 kms
  • 04m 26s  min/km
Comments:

At first I was heading to that race as an easy one. My plan was to run it with my wife as I usually do every year. But the morning of the race one of my friend, Steve, sent me an sms and started asking about the race. After some texting he told me that he was interested to run it with me if I wanted. Of course that I wanted, Steve is a damn fast runner and just to try to stick with him would be such a challenge.

Once we got there Steve asked me what kind of time I was aiming for, I told him not too sure let's start at 4:30/km. He said that it was too slow for me and that we would start faster ...

We started the race at sub 4/km and we were out there leading the pack by a good margin. The first km flew by really fast and we were still leading. Then a guy got back to us, sticked for a little while then just left us there and decided to push it. I was sure that steve wanted to ollow him, but there was no way that I could have so I let him go.

After 3km or so we had to turn a sharp corner, and I slipted on some ice and I just rolled on the street. Steve had a good chuckle out of it. Then I got back up and we kept running.

By kilometer 4.5 or so Steve asked me if I had anything left in me, so I just pushed as hard as I could till the finish line.

We finished 2nd and 3rd, even if I know that he could have finish 1st if he wanted. But still it was cool to run that race with him, not like I am used to finished with him hehe
Post race
Event comments:

This is not really a race, more like a friendly get together of customer from the Running Room store. There is not volunteers, the streets are not closed and there is no aid station. You just go out there and run the 5km!

Last updated: 2011-01-06 12:00 AM
Running
00:22:11 | 05 kms | 04m 26s  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 2/120
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]