Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor Redemption Island NEWS!! Boston Rob & Russell! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2011-01-14 2:37 PM
in reply to: #3300128

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Survivor Redemption Island NEWS!! Boston Rob & Russell!

I will add one of my favorite Amazing Race moments was in Rob & Amber's first season (yes they did it twice), Rob convinced other teams to sit out a roadblock with him.  Here's the description from Wikipedia:

During a Roadblock challenge in Mendoza, Argentina, in the third leg of the race, contestants had to eat four pounds of meat. Mariano began the roadblock but very quickly determined he would not or could not eat that quantity. The penalty for not finishing the Roadblock was a 4-hour delay. By convincing several other contestants to refuse to participate, he ensured that several contestants were on the same timetable as he and Brkich.

Genius!

They just had super bad luck the 2nd time around, although they lost on the leg at the southern tip of South America.  I would consider it good if I got to see that place in my life time - wow, pretty cool.

2011-01-14 4:16 PM
in reply to: #3297115

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
It sounds like even if Rob or Rusell are voted out early, they will be fine due to the new Redemption Island rules. If I understand it they would go up against the person voted out before/after them and the winner stays in the game.

So it might not be too smart to vote them out and then take out the weaker players for them to battle on redemption Isalnd!
2011-01-14 4:32 PM
in reply to: #3300401

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado
jford2309 - 2011-01-14 4:16 PM It sounds like even if Rob or Rusell are voted out early, they will be fine due to the new Redemption Island rules. If I understand it they would go up against the person voted out before/after them and the winner stays in the game.

So it might not be too smart to vote them out and then take out the weaker players for them to battle on redemption Isalnd!

Excellent point!  Both were VERY good at immunity challenges!

It is sad how I went from never watching this show to becoming completely obsessed in the last few months...to the point where I have seriously considered applying!

The Wiki entry on Survivor is quite interesting.
2011-01-14 4:38 PM
in reply to: #3300401

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

jford2309 - 2011-01-14 4:16 PM It sounds like even if Rob or Rusell are voted out early, they will be fine due to the new Redemption Island rules. If I understand it they would go up against the person voted out before/after them and the winner stays in the game.

Oh yes!  Good point!

2011-01-18 9:38 AM
in reply to: #3300126

Master
Memphis, TN
Mainer22 - 2011-01-14 2:29 PM I've been watching since Season 1 and IMO, this most recent season was completely forgettable.  As to Rob vs Russell, I think Rob's style is much more versatile and adaptable to how things unfold whereas Russell seems to be very one dimensional.  Depending on how CBS has stacked the players, Russell could bully his way through or they could rise up against him and toss him out early.  I'm guessing that if CBS is making the rivalry thing a focus of the season, then the last thing they want to see is an early exit for those two - so look for a favorable draw for each of them....

My wife brought up the idea that they might be immune for a vote or two.  IF that is the case it would be very interesting to see these fans who are probably starstruck either try to get them out quick because you know how dangerous they can be or hitch their wagons to them for the same reason.  I agree about Rob being more versatile and he's much more of a physical threat than Russell who has never won an immunity challenge individually.  Rob made a good point that Russell plays to get to the end not to win the prize.  You have to cut throats with finesse in this game not with a spoon.  Make it look like it was someone else that did the dirty work when you are pulling the strings. 
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor Redemption Island NEWS!! Boston Rob & Russell! Rss Feed  

of 2