In Motion
57F / 14C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 53m 40s
Overall Rank = 1379/7018
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 149/440
Pre-race routine:

Came straight home from work (had to work the nightshift and got off at 3:30AM, thus no sleep)and got changed for the race. Arrived in the parking lot at 5:15AM, wanted to make sure we didn't get caught in the traffic crunch. Seven of us stayed in the SUV and caught a few more Zzz's and made a few early bathroom runs before the crowds hit the porta-potties. Good choice to arrive early, no stress, no bathroom lines!
Event warmup:

None, just jumped around while we waited for our wave to start, pretty much warmed up in the first 2 miles, since it was still a little crowded and hard to break out of the pack.
Run
  • 1h 53m 40s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 08m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

Didn't train hard for this race since I didn't know I'd be running until 2 weeks before the race when 2 entrys were offered to me and my wife. Started out a little slow and struggled a little at mile 10-11, but got a burst of energy and finished strong. No PR, however a very enjoyable run. I'm pretty sure that if I would've had a decent night's sleep, I could've PR'd. This was a very fast course, even with the rollers throught the course.
What would you do differently?:

Log more training run prior to this race. Get a good night's sleep.
Post race
Warm down:

Nothing specific, just collected my goodie bag and walked around while waiting for the rest of the group to finish. Ate a banana, drank a bottle of water and a recovery protein drink. After the run, our group headed to our traditional breakfast place to chow down and celebrate and talk about our run.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

No sleep the night before the race. Since I picked up the bib 1 week prior to the race, I didn't have time to switch my work schedule or log enough training miles. Also, I had cold and ran with an annoying cough.

Event comments:

Nice course, not too crowded, would definitely run this race again. Plenty of volunteers and the bands sounded good. It was very scenic and the medals and tech shirt are pretty cool too!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2011-01-14 12:00 AM
Running
01:53:40 | 13.1 miles | 08m 41s  min/mile
Age Group: 149/440
Overall: 1379/7018
Performance: Average
Course: Flat to rolling, very scenic, not too crowded.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes