General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Planet X Pro Carbon 50 Clincher Wheelset - $650 shipped Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
SOLD
2011-01-23 5:44 PM

User image

Veteran
Naptown, IN
Subject: Planet X Pro Carbon 50 Clincher Wheelset - $650 shipped

Planet X Pro Carbon 50mm aero clincher wheelset in like new condition.  I purchased this wheelset one year ago.  I am the original and only owner.  The wheels were used in 5 sprint triathlons and 2 olympic triathlons plus 5 training rides.  Total mileage on the wheelset is 200 miles.  The wheels are straight and true with no blemishes.  This listing includes the wheelset, Planet X skewers, carbon brake pads and pad holders.  The wheelset is Shimano/Sram compatible and will accept 8, 9, and 10 speed cassettes.

These wheels are currently for sale on the Planet X website for $799 plus $19 for the skewers plus $35 for shipping.  So, a new set is basically $850 dollars delivered.  However, you can get a gently used set for less here.

PLEASE NOTE:  The tires and cassette in the pictures are not included in the sale. 

Additionals pictures of the wheelset can be seen here: http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac115/klwilson00/Planet%20X%20Pro%20Carbon%2050/ 

Description from the Planet X website:

Clincher version of our renowned Carbon 50 wheelset. Your choice...Shimano OR Campy!! Tough, strong, light and predictable in all conditions, this is a killer wheelset! By using a full carbon rim these wheels will knock an impressive 200 grams of critical rotating weight off an equivalent aero wheelset with an alloy rim.

SPECIFICATIONS

FRONT HUB: Planet-X Superlight, black anodized, 16 hole, 100mm spacing, sealed cartridge bearings

REAR HUB: Planet-X Superlight, black anodized, 24 hole, 130mm spacing, sealed cartridge bearings. Available for Shimano/SRAM cassette

RIMS: 16/24 hole 50mm structural carbon clincher, drilled for internal nipples, braking surface.

SPOKES: Black Pillar bladed, built radial on the front, 2-cross on both sides rear.

NIPPLES: Alloy, internal

Wheels come with carbon specific brake blocks but do not include skewers.

WEIGHT:
Front - 720 grams  (including rim tape)
Rear - 1020 grams (including rim tape)

Shipping to continental USA shipping addresses only.  Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] or send a message through BT with any questions.

2011-01-28 1:03 PM
in reply to: #3316789

User image

Veteran
Naptown, IN
Subject: RE: Planet X Pro Carbon 50 Clincher Wheelset - $650 shipped
BUMP for price reduction.  I'll sell them for $600 shipped to your door (within the continental USA).

Somebody out there needs a fast set of wheels in like new condition for a great price.  Feel free to e-mail or PM me through BT with any questions.
Sell Gear
SOLD
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Planet X Pro Carbon 50 Clincher Wheelset - $650 shipped Rss Feed