Canadian Triathlon Forum Alberta » New to Triathlons Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2011-01-25 3:56 PM

Subject: New to Triathlons
I too am a "very green" triathlete in South Calgary. Not sure if you have had any luck with finding individuals to train with, but I too am heading to the pool at the YMCA. I am hoping once the weather is better to do swims (thanks to friends) in Sundance and Mahogany...

There is a great brick class I attend (no registration necessary) at the tri-it store on Sunday mornings at 8:15 if interested...

Let me know if you till need individuals to train with .. I am off a bit during the week but I have two little boys so that puts a wrench in my plans sometimes .. 

Attachments
----------------
(0KB - 12 downloads)

2011-01-25 10:39 PM
in reply to: #3321238

New user

Subject: RE: New to Triathlons
Hello fellow calgarians! I am another newbie! Planning to do a sprint in June. I live in valley ridge and would love to meet up with others for some sessions.//////I will be looking for a swim coach for some advice on my swim technique. (not a bad swimmer, but having back pain from swimming - assuming poor technique) I seem to have missed the boat on Tri swim sessions for this session and I hope to get into one in April. Anyone know of someone who could offer some personal training on technique?//////I typically get out early in the morning during the week before work. I would be interested in meeting up on the weekends in the morning.
2011-01-26 10:49 PM

I'm a newbie as well, and would be interested in doing some brick training with others on weekends. 
Cheers!
2011-02-08 7:50 PM

User image

Veteran
Calgary
I'm in Copperfield, and although I was very active in triathlon years ago I haven't really done much in about 4-5 years ... looking to get back into it though ...

I've just moved to Calgary from Victoria, so am always looking for new people to train with! And I'm a shift-worker, so available at all hours. Seems like there are a few of us here in the S/E so we should car-pool to the pool or something. ;-)

tr

2011-02-12 8:26 PM

User image

Regular
Calgary, Alberta
I'm in Copperfield as well (and attended UVic prior). More than willing to add training partners. Let me know when and where.

Edited by Calgary Clyde 2011-02-12 8:26 PM
2011-02-14 12:00 PM
in reply to: #3352309

User image

Veteran
Calgary
Where does everyone swim? I've been recommended Acadia pool, even though Trico is closer allegedly Acadia is better? How's the Shawnessy Y?

2011-02-14 12:22 PM
in reply to: #3354280

User image

Regular
Calgary, Alberta
I used to swim at city pools and the Y, but found lane availability and hours to be troublesome. I've been at Talisman Centre for several years now. Two 50m pools, usually a lane to myself, and open from 5 am to 11pm monday to saturday. Added bonus is the indoor running track.
2011-02-16 11:47 AM

Hi There ..

I have heard the Tailman is great but it is a ways from Copperfield ...
I go to the Y in Shawnessy and it has been pretty good so far ..

I swim on Thurs. at 12:00 at the  Y, and I try and get out on Friday nights ..

This week, I will not be there but next week for sure I will be (Feb. 27th)...

I have been trying out some new formulas for my swim I heard about down at Tri-It (800 time trial or as fast as you can go) 200 recovery, 200 TT, 200 Recovery .. I also have been doing 10 x 100 with 30 sec. recovery ..  If sounds like that might work for you then your always more than welcome! 
2011-03-10 3:15 PM

Calgary

Hi All,

I'm new too!  I live in evergreen have been swimming at the Y in shawnessey.  good pool and I go 530am before work usually on fridays as I swim train with a group other nights at SAIT.  I'm curious about acadia as the Y is $65/mo and all I'm using is the pool which seems to be a waist of money.  And two weeks ago I wnet to swim sat night and they were at capacity for their life gaurds so couldn't swim - which was agrivating to say the least!

Can't wait for nicer weather to ride outside...trainer is getting lame!

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Alberta » New to Triathlons Rss Feed