General Discussion Triathlon Talk » San Antonio Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-02-02 11:56 AM

User image

San Antonio
Subject: San Antonio
Are there any other new triathletes that would like to meet up in the San Antonio area to do some cycling or running workouts?  Also if so what part of town works for you?  I'm near the 10/1604 area and work near 281/bitters area.

2011-02-02 1:16 PM
in reply to: #3335340

User image

Veteran
Tampa, Florida
Subject: RE: San Antonio
Hello, I am not currently training, due to a bad stress fracture, but I just wanted to say hi, and maybe later this spring! Also, Team in Training has a fairly large group that trains together here in SA, but I dont' think they'll get going for a while yet either. Are you out on I10W and 1604? I will be able to cycle again in a few weeks and I like riding out by the Boerne Stage Rd/Scenic Loop area. Also, I can't remember how much exactly, but you can get a swim pass for the pools at Blossom by 281 and Bitters for cheap Just FYI
2011-02-03 9:18 AM

User image

New user

Just thought I'd say Hi....I'm in the Leon Valley area....I'm new to it all, not sure what I'm doing, just having fun, and reading lots. I'm registered for Galveston HIM...

The weather has kept me in the gym lately, but I try to do some bike/run bricks on weekends...(not sure about this weekend). 

my problem is that I worry about a place to leave my bike while I run....so, this is gonna sound really silly....I'm kinda embarressed, but just remember I'm new and I'm trying to be creative of how I get my workouts in......., there's a 1.5 mile loop near Marshal High School....not too flat not too hilly. I rode that loop for 2 hours.......no, I don't get bored......music is my friend ....I don't have to worry about traffic, and afterwards.... I ride to my house a few blocks away, store bike, and change shoes and run...
There's a community pool that I'll work in there come spring time...be able to do all three, with what little I have to work with.

I did 42 miles last sat AND sunday with average speeds of 20.5 mph....followed with an hour and half of running on each day (trying to get used to my new shoes)...

I have done some longer bike rides outside of SA, but always end up hauling my bike back and taking too much time between the bike and run...not sure if that makes sense :/

I swim every morning at 0600 at Spectrum gym.......and take spin class 4 days a week, and....I do some other stuff.

I'm on Facebook....or just send me an email, I'm always planning something. Just know that I am average...and new.

Edited by Wingman57 2011-02-03 9:32 AM
2011-02-03 9:22 AM

San Antonio
andress2k
Welcome to the Tri world.  There are a lot of resources in town and in particular in the 1604 area between Stone Oak and I10.  There is a Tri team  sponsored by the Trisition Area (Bitters & 1604) and they have weekly work outs ...rides, runs and monitored swim groups at Boerne Lake. Roger Soler , Run-a-way Athletics are also Tri sponsors with routine workouts around town. Another Tri-Team is Tri-Amigos. JCC (NW Military at Wurzbach PKWY) has a good pool and coaching...not expensive and the Pool at NEISD (Bitters at Jones Malts...) is also a resource.

You will find that almost anyone in this tri-adventure will help you and offer advise at the drop of a hat.
2011-02-03 9:30 AM

User image

New user

The folks at Tri-Sition are very helpful....I just bought some shoes from them, and some other gear.
2011-02-04 8:58 AM

User image

San Antonio
I actually am with the new Team in Training group.  I've been swimming at Chisholm Hall pool.  It's only $15 a month there. Swimming is my biggest focus as I come from a running background and have cycled for cross training in the past.  If anyone ever wants to meet up for some runs or cycling just PM me.

2011-02-07 8:46 PM

User image

Master
Tyler, TX
I don't live in San Antonio anymore, but I believe there are some weekday rides leaving from Britton Bikes (maybe they start when its warmer?), near where you work.  There are probably weekend rides leaving from the tri shop in Helotes (I can't remember the name of the shop...).  Tri-sition may have some organized weekend rides already also.

Feel free to look at my Routes for some ideas for where to ride.  I lived in Hollywood Park, but often rode on 1604 to I-10 to get to more interesting routes.

Brian 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » San Antonio Rss Feed