Other Resources My Cup of Joe » The tandem story Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2011-02-04 3:50 PM

User image

Master
Ohio
Subject: The tandem story
This is not an original idea, I got it off another website but it seems like fun. I'm not exactly sure how it will work with so many people, but we'll give it a try. The first person (me) will write the first paragraph of a story. Another person will write the next paragraph and so on. Here are the rules:

1. You may only write one paragraph at a time. You can write more than one paragraph but they cannot be consecutive. For example, writing 1 and 3 would be ok, but not 2 and 3. If you want to write another paragraph you have to wait until someone else writes one first.
2. Claim the writing of the next paragraph with a post. Then take about 10-15 minutes to write up the the next section. Post your paragraph with the previous sections of the story on top.
3. Keep it clean. we don't want to get this pulled.
4. This is a cooperative work of fiction. This is not the place to flame anyone who is on or off BT. No mentioning any real person by name.
5. We'll keep this to 10 paragraphs. If it's a hit we can do another and make it longer.
6. Make sure you read the story before you write, so it flows.

Here we go...

As Valarie ran down the dusty dirt path she couldn't help but think of Pete. It was his fault she was in this whole mess. She'd met Pete nearly two months ago, at that party in the city. "He's certifiable,"  her girlfriends had warned her. Valarie, never being one to listen to Charlotte and Claire anyway, disregarded their warnings and approached Pete. CC (as she called Charlotte and Claire, they were always together) had been right. He was certifiable.

2011-02-04 4:32 PM
in reply to: #3339737

Subject: RE: The tandem story
"Hi Valarie!" he screamed from less than 15 feet away. When he turned around her first impression was that he had been sitting on that park bench for nearly a week. He was wearing a worn out sweater and had a scruffy beard and hands full of bird seed that he was dolling out to the local pigeons. "Pete? Is everything ok?" she kept a distance as he got up from the bench and came towards her. "Yeah, why do you ask? I'm just making sure these guys don't starve to death on me. Its not as easy as it used to be for birds to get food around here". Valerie was stunned. He looked like a completely different person from the guy she met two weeks ago. "I have to tell you something very important" he started, "I found something in the park that you will never believe."

If you like writing Tandem stories there is a great app for iPhone and iPad that I use all the time called "99 Words". It only lets you write with one other person, but you each get 5 entries up to 99 words and when the book is complete other people can read it and rate it. You can also connect to your friends and choose them as the co-author for any book you create! 
2011-02-04 5:22 PM
in reply to: #3339737

User image

Master
Ohio
OK, I'll take the next one since no one else seems to be interested.
2011-02-04 5:34 PM
in reply to: #3339826

User image

Master
Ohio
  As Valarie ran down the dusty dirt path she couldn't help but think of Pete. It was his fault she was in this whole mess. She'd met Pete nearly two months ago, at that party in the city. "He's certifiable,"  her girlfriends had warned her. Valarie, never being one to listen to Charlotte and Claire anyway, disregarded their warnings and approached Pete. CC (as she called Charlotte and Claire, they were always together) had been right. He was certifiable.

"Hi Valarie!" he screamed from less than 15 feet away. When he turned around her first impression was that he had been sitting on that park bench for nearly a week. He was wearing a worn out sweater and had a scruffy beard and hands full of bird seed that he was dolling out to the local pigeons. "Pete? Is everything ok?" she kept a distance as he got up from the bench and came towards her. "Yeah, why do you ask? I'm just making sure these guys don't starve to death on me. Its not as easy as it used to be for birds to get food around here". Valerie was stunned. He looked like a completely different person from the guy she met two weeks ago. "I have to tell you something very important" he started, "I found something in the park that you will never believe."

Valarie had been here with Pete before. Still, there was something about his personality that she just couldn't get past. But this was so Pete. Well groomed and nattily dressed one time you see him and discheveled the next. He turned, not even waiting for Valarie to answer, as if he already knew that she'd follow him. As he walked birdseed began falling out of the bottom of his pants. "Does he have holes in his pockets?" wondered Valarie. As Pete led Valarie along a lybrinth of dirt trails she couldn't believe she was following him. As they approached a clearing Valarie could see the rusted out shell of what used to be a dump truck. Just beyond was a high fence with a hole cut in it. Pigeons, and pigeon poop, were everywhere.
2011-02-04 8:20 PM
in reply to: #3339897

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

Valarie had been here with Pete before. Still, there was something about his personality that she just couldn't get past. But this was so Pete. Well groomed and nattily dressed one time you see him and discheveled the next. He turned, not even waiting for Valarie to answer, as if he already knew that she'd follow him. As he walked birdseed began falling out of the bottom of his pants. "Does he have holes in his pockets?" wondered Valarie. As Pete led Valarie along a lybrinth of dirt trails she couldn't believe she was following him. As they approached a clearing Valarie could see the rusted out shell of what used to be a dump truck. Just beyond was a high fence with a hole cut in it. Pigeons, and pigeon poop, were everywhere.

Pete led her through the hole in the fence into small clearing. In the middle of the clearing sat a box. Valarie shuddered to think what might be in the box. Pete sense her trepidation. "It's ok, Val" he reassured her, "There's nothing to be afraid of. It's just something I've wanted to show you ever since we met." With that, Pete opened the box and slowly withdrew a tattered book from deep inside it. Valarie could barely make out the title. "Baby Names?" she asked incredulously. "That's right," said Pete. "I just had to show you the proper way to spell Valerie. You have it all wrong!"
2011-02-07 7:35 AM
in reply to: #3340049

User image

Champion
Two seat rocket plane

mrbbrad - 2011-02-04 8:20 PM   As Valarie ran down the dusty dirt path she couldn't help but think of Pete. It was his fault she was in this whole mess. She'd met Pete nearly two months ago, at that party in the city. "He's certifiable,"  her girlfriends had warned her. Valarie, never being one to listen to Charlotte and Claire anyway, disregarded their warnings and approached Pete. CC (as she called Charlotte and Claire, they were always together) had been right. He was certifiable.

Pete led her through the hole in the fence into small clearing. In the middle of the clearing sat a box. Valarie shuddered to think what might be in the box. Pete sense her trepidation. "It's ok, Val" he reassured her, "There's nothing to be afraid of. It's just something I've wanted to show you ever since we met." With that, Pete opened the box and slowly withdrew a tattered book from deep inside it. Valarie could barely make out the title. "Baby Names?" she asked incredulously. "That's right," said Pete. "I just had to show you the proper way to spell Valerie. You have it all wrong!"

Valarie's  brain caught her mouth before she could say "Pete, you sanctimonious twit!" out loud. But she went on to explain that she was named after her great grand mother who had fought with The Resistance in WWII. "Nanna Martin's mother never learned to read very well, " she explained. She was too busy in the fields, and when the war came she saved at least three families of Jews by hiding them in her barn until she could smuggle them out of France in a load of onions.

2011-02-08 9:38 AM
in reply to: #3342560

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
ride_like_u_stole_it - 2011-02-07 7:35 AM

mrbbrad - 2011-02-04 8:20 PM   As Valarie ran down the dusty dirt path she couldn't help but think of Pete. It was his fault she was in this whole mess. She'd met Pete nearly two months ago, at that party in the city. "He's certifiable,"  her girlfriends had warned her. Valarie, never being one to listen to Charlotte and Claire anyway, disregarded their warnings and approached Pete. CC (as she called Charlotte and Claire, they were always together) had been right. He was certifiable.

Valarie's  brain caught her mouth before she could say "Pete, you sanctimonious twit!" out loud. But she went on to explain that she was named after her great grand mother who had fought with The Resistance in WWII. "Nanna Martin's mother never learned to read very well, " she explained. She was too busy in the fields, and when the war came she saved at least three families of Jews by hiding them in her barn until she could smuggle them out of France in a load of onions.

Right then Pete's started to feel tingly throughout his body. This was not the first time that Pete had this feeling, it normally occured when there was trouble around or when someone wasn't telling him the truth, he knew something was not right about Valerie. His aunt and uncle had always warned him to trust his instincts, to trust the gifts he had. His uncle even went as far as to call it a power. Pete never forget his uncles last words to him. He said"With great power, comes great responsibility."
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » The tandem story Rss Feed