General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Phoenix (northwest valley) Arizona People Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-08-10 8:56 AM

New user

Subject: Phoenix (northwest valley) Arizona People
Wanted to see if there is anyone around the area who wants to start something up? True beginner training for sprints, but my wife and I will try anything!

2005-08-10 3:57 PM
in reply to: #221404

User image

Veteran
Peoria AZ
Subject: RE: Phoenix (northwest valley) Arizona People

I live in Peoria and can tell you about all the great rides around the northwest valley area...also good running and swimming places if your looking.  Drop me a PM and we'll talk.

Have you looked into firstwavetri.com ?  It's a northwest valley based tri club.  We post a lot of group training activities that anyone is welcome to join in w/o having to be a club memeber.  This is a great way to meet a lot of the local triathletes.

2005-09-05 10:46 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Mesa AZ

I don't suppose there are any comparable groups in the east valley, are there?  I'm training for the Carlos O'Brien up at Lake Pleasent next month and right now I'm mostly doing it alone...

2005-09-05 11:09 AM

User image

Veteran
Peoria AZ

There are bike rides out of Tribe bike shop on the eastside...I'd have to check the dates but they are every Sat or Sun, just can't remember which.  Check out fristwavetri.com for more info.  I'm also training for the Lake Pleasant race (Oly).  This was my planned big race for the season and I can't wait.  Here is a really good one taken from the first wave tri website that would really help you to get accustomed to the course (it's hard and hilly).  It's probobaly more than you'd like to do but you can always cut it short, it's nice just to know that others are out there in case you run into some problems...

Title:Long Brick
Time:5:45:00 AM
Description:Bike varied terrain 2.5 hrs approx 45 miles
Brick run 45 min
Host: John Todd
Host E-Mail:[email protected]
Directions:Carefree Hwy to Castle Hot Springs
Right to end - Right at guard shack to parking lot
Map Link:

2005-09-05 11:33 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Mesa AZ
That hilly thing is scaring me.  This is my first tri ever (I'm doing the sprint) and while I love living in the east valley they might as well have leveled the place before they started building houses up here.  Is the running route hilly as well?
2005-09-05 5:15 PM

User image

Veteran
Peoria AZ

By no means what I'm about to tell you should you be worried about the race....you stay focused on your training and on race day remember to just keep moving and you WILL finish!!!

The course is hilly for the run also...you absolutely should go visit the course before race day to see what your up against. I need to get out there myself...(I just noticed I didn't post a date for that workout, it's the 10th) I may or may not go on the 10th but if you would like to schedule a day to go out together we can go over the course together and talk about stratagies...I extend this offer to anyone who is doing this race too.

The best days for me are Sun-Tues mornings.  Car pooling is always a good thing since it's 5 bucks to park.  If we can set a date, I can post it on firstwaves website and we could get a decent group of people to show.

In any event, I wish you the best of luck on the 2nd...keep up the hard work and stay focused on the finish.

2005-09-05 11:55 PM

User image

Veteran
Mesa, AZ
I'm going to do Lake Pleasant again this year. I'd have to echo the statement about hills and this being a tough course but its not that bad. Being on the east side myself I ride Usery pass reguarly to help with the hills.

If you interested in joining a group ride or open water swim at Canyon lake just let me know.
2005-09-13 1:26 PM

New user

Phoenix
I live in Chandler and I am also training for my firs tri which I am hoping will be the one next month. I would like to meet up with anyone that would like to train together in the Eastvalley. I have been training often but I would like to see what my level is at this moment to determine if I am ready or not.

Thanks
2005-09-13 3:24 PM

User image

Veteran
Mesa, AZ
Hey Gabe I replied to your PM but I was curious if you have worked out at all since 8/30 or are your logs just running behind?
IMHO, whether or not you are ready for your 1st tri doesn't have anything to do with other peoples times, its how you feel about your progress and abilities to do the distance.

How do you feel about your swim?
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Phoenix (northwest valley) Arizona People Rss Feed