United States
62F / 17C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 44m 8s
Overall Rank = 936/13256
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 106/713
Pre-race routine:

Got up @ 4:15am, stretched lightly, ate a Power Crunch bar and FRS drink. Toook a shuttle to the event @ 5:45 and arrived early. Walked to the Hilton and found a nice spot where our group could relax, stretch out, and use the bathrooms. Watched the start off the full marathon, then when back in to the hotel for a little more hydration and took 3 sport legs 1/2 hr prior to start of the race. Started in wave 2 1:40-1:49 pace time.
Event warmup:

Light stretching prior to start.
Run
  • 1h 44m 8s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 07m 57s  min/mile
Comments:

I didn't check my Ipod before the race. When I got to the event, I turned on my IPOD and there was no music loaded. I did not have my BPM music that I was supposed to tun too. Ended up just pacing runners through the race. At the turn around @ 8.5 miles, started experiencing blistering on both feet. Push through 'til the finish, had no energy for final kick.
What would you do differently?:

Apply GLIDE all over the place!
Post race
Warm down:

Not much, just walked around the post race activites, picking up our freebies and medals. Walked back to shuttle area.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Blistering on my feet, no music.

Event comments:

Enjoyed this run. Beautiful course, perfect running weather, loved running along the ocean front. Shuttle service to and from the race was fast and easy. Finished my California Dreamin series, so not only did I get the cool Surf Board medal, I got my big a$$ California Dreamin' medal. Also, the tech shirts for this run have the coolest color & design.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2011-01-14 12:00 AM
Running
01:44:08 | 13.1 miles | 07m 57s  min/mile
Age Group: 106/713
Overall: 936/13256
Performance: Good
Course: Mosly flat, very scenic, lots of wave starts so the course was not too crowded.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-02-06 7:41 PM

User image

Chula Vista, CA
Subject: Surf City Half Marathon

2011-02-06 7:58 PM
in reply to: #3342109

User image

Extreme Veteran
Harbor City/Torrance/Carson
Subject: RE: Surf City Half Marathon
Great job!!!  You probably saw me too 'coz I was 4" ahead of you.  I was wearing a blue sleeveless jersey with a white cap.  I'll do a race report as well.
2011-02-09 1:33 AM
in reply to: #3342140

User image

Chula Vista, CA
Great job to you as well! You know, I think I was trying to pace with you. I couldn't see the mile markers for the half, so I was just listening to the runners around me, trying to hear what pace they were at. I was wearing a red visor and a red and black Nike shirt...not that you would've notice me, since I was behind you..haha!
2011-02-09 11:50 AM
in reply to: #3346305

User image

Veteran
SoCal
way to pull through..great run..
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Surf City Half Marathon Rss Feed