Ohio River Road Runners Club
COLDF / 0C
Overcast
Total Time = 43m 47s
Overall Rank = 262/534
Age Group = Gals 25-29
Age Group Rank = 15/36
Pre-race routine:

Yeah...not so much a pre-race routine, I was rushing back from being up north because my little person had a scheduled visit with his Dad. Additionally, I stayed up way to late with Aysel (we always have way too much fun together) and had way too many libations to even think this could be a good race...
Event warmup:

Running from my car to registration as I pulled in 10 minutes before the race was supposed to start.
Run
  • 43m 47s
  • 5 miles
  • 08m 46s  min/mile
Comments:

There were a bunch of people there, I was surprised. I was kind of near the middle fontish area (not a good place to be for me) but I was chatting with my Tri Dad who I had not seen in 6 weeks or so. The gun went off and we were off in the masses. I was about 500 yards into the run when I felt a hand slide across my shoulder and down the small of my back, I was about to start swinging when I realized it was the BF, he blew past me and I used him as pace booty for about a quarter of a mile when I realized there was no way I was going to be able to keep up with him. Yeah, I hit the one mile mark at 7:49, opps I should really know better then this by now, that is way too fast for me. I hit the three mile split at 24:55, not bad, all things considered but as per usual my inability to pace well left me lagging the last two miles. I finally settled in and as I was heading toward the finish line I was kind of zoning out and just trotting along. I looked up and the BF had finished and was running back along the course, he saw me and told me to get my a** moving, I was like oh yeah, this is a race, not just a leisurely training run - hey, I had a lot on my mind, it has been a crazy past few weeks. I finished in 43:47 which is exactly two minutes slower then my Turkey Trot time but all things considered I'm pretty happy. It has been a pretty tumultuous couple of months with lots of things going on personally and lots of changes which has mitigated some of the training time so it's nice to know that even though my training dropped off I didn't lose too much fitess so it won't be too hard to get back...gulp...I hope. I plan on training just as much this year as I did last year, it seems though, due to changing circumstances, I may have to be a little more TYPE A and actually do some planning and be organized to get all of it in...I'l really miss my TYPE B self.
What would you do differently?:

Drinking a bunch of vodka the night before this race probably could have been avoided, not sure if it would have made me any faster as this was probably more lack of training then anything but at least if I wouldn't have had the vodka maybe this wouldn't have hurt as bad. Meah, it was fun
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around, went and filled out the rest of my race registration. I was so late they told me to grab a bib go run and come back and fill out the registration afterward.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of training and too much fun the night before.

Last updated: 2011-02-06 12:00 AM
Running
00:43:47 | 05 miles | 08m 46s  min/mile
Age Group: 15/36
Overall: 262/534
Performance: Average
Course: 5 mile run through the surrounding neighborhoods around Centerville high school. Mostly flat with a few inclines and declines but nothing to severe.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-02-07 10:32 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ohio
Subject: Frostbite 5

2011-02-07 12:19 PM
in reply to: #3342934

User image

Expert
Alpharetta (until we find a home)
Subject: RE: Frostbite 5

vodka is the recovery drink, duh. Everyone knows that proper pre race alcohol is whiskey and that is best taken within 10 minutes of starting

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Frostbite 5 Rss Feed