General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Coaching costs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-08-10 11:37 AM

New user
Subject: Coaching costs
Okay I just found out about a local coach in my area who taught dave Zabriskie (sp?). Well he's apparently great with juniors and I'm looking to set up an appointment with him. Does anyone know what kind of prices I'm going to be looking at with this?

2005-08-10 12:21 PM
in reply to: #221632

User image

Veteran
Washington DC
Subject: RE: Coaching costs
Coaching costs vary dramatically based on the amount of interaction with the coach and the knowledge and experience of the coach. Be careful shopping by price. Coaches charge as much as they can and less expensive coaches don't charge less for humanitarian reasons.

A coach is only as good as his/her client results, but be careful putting too much emphasis on one athlete. A very talented, hardworking athlete can do pretty well without the best coaching. Dave Z's coach may be fantastic, but if he/she is there will be a string of successful clients, not just one standout. Also be careful giving a coach too much credibility for his/her own results. I've won some big races, but I coach with my brain, not my legs. Shaquille O'Neal can't coach you to be 7 feet tall.

Top coaches generally charge $300 to $500 per month for programs that give a lot of interaction. My company has three levels of coaching, with rates varied based on how much you need from the coach. If you like, go to www.Fitness-Concepts.com for a comparison.
2005-08-10 1:25 PM
in reply to: #221632

User image

Pro
Virginia Beach, VA
Subject: RE: Coaching costs

Mike at D3Multisport also has coaching rates for various levels of interaction...just so you can get an idea of might be reasonable to expect.

http://www.d3multisport.com/indexmike.html

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Coaching costs Rss Feed