General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chicago Marathon-Will you Run for a Charity? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-02-08 5:48 PM

User image

Expert
Chicagoland
Subject: Chicago Marathon-Will you Run for a Charity?
Hi all!!! I hope it's ok to post this here. I have come across a wonderful charity which was started by two sisters (16 and 18) who focus on helping sick children at hospitals. Their story is very touching and their mission is admirable, and something that tugs at my heart, so I committed to running for them this year. They need a lot more runners and I wanted to post the info here to see if anyone would be interested in joining us?

Please note they will reimburse your entire registration once you raise $500, and will comp one night at W hotel if you raise $1000 and 2 nights if you raise $2000. No minimum on fundraising! If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact me

Here is the info from their flyer:
=====================

The marathon is October 9, 2011.

The Holiday Heroes is a foundation that buys hospitalized patients gifts at holiday times, and is organized to help children in any hospital across the United States.

In Chicago, we will be serving the child patients at Northwestern Memorial Rehab Center, and at Children's Memorial Hospital.

Please help in any way you can, be it by becoming one of our runners, or sponsoring our team.

Please know that we ask our runners to get as many donations as they can, but that we set no minimum donation requirement. However if you raise $500, we will refund you the marathon registration fee.

To donate please click HERE

To register to run for us please click HERE then click the Join Now button

Also please try to register by March 1st

If you have already registered, we can still add you to our team, just contact us and we can take care of it.

Thank you,
Heather and Haley

Please visit our marathon site at www.runforhh.org
Contact us at 312-953-1718
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chicago Marathon-Will you Run for a Charity? Rss Feed