General Discussion Triathlon Talk » School me on Infinit Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-02-11 5:42 PM

Master
STL
Subject: School me on Infinit
I wasn't sure where to post this so. I ordered some infinit to use for my upcoming training and racing season of 1 HIM and my first IM. Nutrition is by far my 'weakness'. I know it's a one stop shop. Could I dilute it for shorter training or races? Do you use it only on workouts of "XX" time or distance (because of the cost and even it's makeup?). Do you only use if for one leg (ie the bike)? I know there are videos on line and stuff, but I always like hearing tricks and tips from real people who use it.

Thank in advance! 

2011-02-11 5:48 PM
in reply to: #3351220

User image

Subject: RE: School me on Infinit
I use it primarily on the bike.  I had a run mix made up, same as the bike but no protein, but my experience is for longer races I prefer to live off the course.  In my IM, I was utterly sick of infinit by the run (I would have been sick of anything)

One serving (2 scoops) for me is good for an hour, about 300 calories.  I only use it for rides of over 2 hours or so, but since all my riding is either 1:00 indoor or 3+ outdoors, that makes it easy.  Not really from a cost standpoint but from a not needed standpoint.  In an Oly with a 1 hour or so ride, I won't use it because it would be too many calories for the 10K for me

Rather than diluting, I concentrate mine into 3 hour bottles (6 scoops).  One bottle, plus one water bottle, I'm good to go.  For my IM I had two 3 hour bottles on the bike, got water off the course, threw the first bottle out when it was done.  Infinti plus 1 kingsized payday was all I used on the bike.

If you concentrate, you need to dial the flavor waaay back (like to a 1) and make sure every sip is followed by water.

A little protein will curb hunger, but it will froth more easily (hence no protein for the run, plus it's hard to digest protein at the higher HR)
2011-02-11 8:09 PM
in reply to: #3351220

Master
STL
Subject: RE: School me on Infinit
That's what I was worried about, the protein on the run.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » School me on Infinit Rss Feed