General Discussion Race Reports! » Boston Triathlon Team Indoor Time Trial Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Boston Triathlon Team Indoor Time Trial - CycleTime Trial

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Boston, Massachusetts
United States
Total Time = 17m 26s
Overall Rank = 46/166
Age Group = Open Men
Age Group Rank = 20/61
Pre-race routine:

Was up pretty late the night before because I had an alumni hockey game. However, I didn't drink at all and got a pretty good night's sleep. I arrived at Landry's just about an hour before my heat. I got there right around the same time as Nate so we chatted for a while and watch most of the heat before us.
Event warmup:

Warm up definitely didn't go as planned. Nate and I went back to the warm up trainers and right before I was about to grab my bike off the rack, I hear "Psss..." It was my rear tire. Great! Not sure exactly what happened there, but things happen. Luckily I was at a bike shop so I just brought the bike downstairs and had them put a new tube in for me. By that time, it was time to head to the main stage. Luckily I was able to warm up for about 13 minutes before the heat started so it could have been much worse.
Bike
  • 17m 26s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 21.37 mile/hr
Comments:

I've been slowly but surely working on getting my power back to what it used to be since the accident. I have been making some great progress over the last month or so and my goal for this race was to avg at least 300 watts. With that being said, my plan was to do the first half of the race at about 300 watts and then push it a bit harder if I could.

I ended up coming out a little harder than 300 watts and averaged around 315-320 for the first 5+ minutes. I then settled in and worked to maintain 300 watts. Towards the end, I did pick up a little, but was totally gassed by the top of heart break hill.
What would you do differently?:

Pretty happy with this one. I'd like to have generated some more power and been stronger, but overall, I have no complaints.

The only complaint I have is not hearing properly on the one downhill. I thought it was a little shorter than it ended up being so I think I could have picked it a little better there, but that's about it from a race execution stand point.
Post race
Warm down:

Spun for a few minutes right after the race, but that was it.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Spent most of this winter trying to get healthy and back to where I was strength wise. I've been getting back there and I'm getting closer and closer to 100%, but definitely not quite there yet.

Event comments:

Much more organized and put together than the Harpoon TT last year.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2010-12-19 12:00 AM
Biking
00:17:26 | 06.21 miles | 21.37 mile/hr
Age Group: 20/61
Overall: 46/166
Performance: Good
Avg HR: 184 Max HR: 194 Avg Power: 316
Wind:
Course: Last 10k of Boston Marathon route in the opposite direction, including Heart Break Hill - in other words, mostly uphill with a few plateaus.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-02-23 12:07 PM

User image

Expert
Bedford, NH
Subject: Boston Triathlon Team Indoor Time Trial

2011-02-23 2:29 PM
in reply to: #3368783

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Boston Triathlon Team Indoor Time Trial
nice job colin!!!
2011-02-23 5:03 PM
in reply to: #3368783

User image

Master
Goodyear, AZ
Subject: RE: Boston Triathlon Team Indoor Time Trial

Awesome! Always fun to try something different and good to see you getting your power back

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Boston Triathlon Team Indoor Time Trial Rss Feed