CRCA
40F / 4C
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 12m 47s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

coffee, got bike ready and rode over to registration where many of my Asphalt Green Cycle Team members were there!!! It was so nice to see all the black and green and familiar faces!!!!
Event warmup:

met up with the other women - x4 (Steph, Lisa and Danielle) of x6 (Meg and Sara who were marshaling) and rode from cat's paw to 102nd transverse and back, with one accel to spin up and warm up. Stripped down to race clothes and got on the starting line!
Bike
  • 1h 12m 47s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 20.49 mile/hr
Comments:

stayed with the pack for the first 2 laps - towards front which surprised me and was not fully purposeful but hung with it. On first downhill after Harlem Hill took lead just coasting (I do love downhills) going into the rollers on the west side. Stayed in position towards front of pack through the first lap.
Second lap, going downhill before HH did not like my position, had to brake at one point which did not feel good. got back with the pack to go up HH though was hurting - as Lisa passed me I heard her cheer me on which definitely helped me ignore my lungs and legs! The downhill got me up front and stayed with them towards front and after Tavern took lead to cat's paw. Blew myself up a bit during this but felt ok and was recovering well going into lap 3.
As we got to EG, I reached for my water bottle, and must have been over paint or something because bike suddenly squirrely - this freaked me out and I totally lost my confidence about being in the pack. As we headed to downhill before HH motorcycle for men's pack came up which means we are supposed to neutralize so I slowed and was in the back for the downhill but the pack kept going. Was still off back at HH - we were neutralized there. Stayed spit off the back and TT'd this lap and the next - though when the men's C pack came by tried to jump in to get up to women. As I got to final few feet saw the big crash that happened in women's field and stopped to help out. Danielle part of the melee but grateully she is just scraped and bruised.
I was thankful I was not in that because surely I would have gone down.....and I am not sure I would have faired as well as DK.
What would you do differently?:

nothing! maybe hang back a bit more and not lead for half a lap!
Post race
Warm down:

easy spin around to the west side (without HH)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

that we are at the end of EPIC week!!!

Event comments:

I had so much fun and look forward to working with my teammates to crush the season!!!!

Hearing teammates cheer me on even though I was spit off the back was great and kept me hammering.

Last updated: 2011-03-05 12:00 AM
Biking
01:12:47 | 24.85 miles | 20.49 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Duration: 1:12:47 (1:12:56) Work: 658 kJ TSS: 167.3 (intensity factor 1.179) Norm Power: 198 VI: 1.31 Pw:HR: 5.55% Min Max Avg Power: 7 534 152 watts Heart Rate: 121 191 177 bpm Cadence: 46 147 81 rpm Crank Torque: 0 579 155 lb-in
Wind: Little
Course: 4 laps of central park.
Road: Smooth Wet Cadence: 81
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %0
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2011-03-05 9:10 AM

User image

Champion
New York, NY
Subject: crca club race 1

2011-03-05 3:04 PM
in reply to: #3383849

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut
Subject: RE: crca club race 1
nice work Cat!!!  Keep on chugging!! 
2011-03-17 8:08 PM
in reply to: #3383849

User image

Payson, AZ
Subject: RE: crca club race 1
Nice job.  I use to do a lot of club riding with tight packs but never in crits.  Takes a whole other level of balls.   Keep it up.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » crca club race 1 Rss Feed