General Discussion Race Reports! » Trishave series woman's Triathlon festival Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Trishave series woman's Triathlon festival - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Penrith, New South Wales
Australia
TRI NSW
31F / -1C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 16m 37s
Overall Rank = 21/126
Age Group = 20-29
Age Group Rank = 5/26
Pre-race routine:

Helped Kevin and Jaquie set up their transitions zone and waited around for our start, we walked down to the swim start with about 20 minutes to go. IT was an all girls race, so it was really fun and relaxed.
Swim
  • 10m 10s
  • 500 meters
  • 02m 02s / 100 meters
Comments:

I havwn't really been training for this, so it was a bit funny, I went out pretty hard with the girls but they kept pulling away from me, everytime I saw some legs to catch they were much too fast. So before long I was by myself and thinking a lot. "Oh! look i'm doing a tri again, this isn't so bad" Pretty chill, but I had to keep pushing because I couldn't see anyone behind me and I didn't know how I was going. So I just concentrated on swimming hard and straight. Came out of the water a bit woozy, but run into transistion was easy. Came into T1 and Kev and Jaquie's bikes were still racked, so I wasnt last, I was just by myself.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe train?
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

Struggles to get clipped in, but it was fine, I got away cleanly. Shoes and socks on no probs. I opted to use socks cause I thought that the comfort would outweigh the time spent to put them on, it's not as though I was out to win

I think my Bike time includes T1 and T2
Bike
  • 39m 46s
  • 20 kms
  • 30.18 km/hr
Comments:

Was beautiful. I got into my big ring about 700m into it and stayed there. Passing people was my only challenge, and it was easy. I just flew by so many people, focussed on breathing and how I was feeling, just kept pushing. This was a really comfortable race, I think if I had had a speedo on my bike I might have had more of an idea of how fast I was going, but I'm fine without it. Only one person passed me, it was great! I even passed Kevin.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

No Speed laces so I tied them. Should have double knotted.

I grabbed a gel on my way out from my bag, I thought I needed it after such a push on the bike. I regret this a lot.

Double Knotted.
Run
  • 26m 40s
  • 10 kms
  • 02m 40s  min/km
Comments:

As usual my running times are really bad. Boo. would really like to get this monkey off my back, but I just cant. Though, 26 minutes isn't too bad really.

So the gel I took in transition created a cramp in the top of my stomach and the cramp cascaded down into my guts. So effectively I had two really hard cramps in my stomach. It hurt, a lot. Running on it was so tough and so incredibly painful. Every bounce was a shooting pain through my stomach, and people noticed. People saw my face and looked worried for me. Got lots of encouragement though.

When I had returned from the bike there was only 2 bikes back at transition so I knew I was going to get run down by a few girls so I really wanted to keep the pace up and I have really been working on my running. I thought that I could pound this out but was in way too much pain.

Tough 5km, I slugged it out though and kept with it. I had NO sprint at the end. Zero, absolutely nothing to finish with, which is no problem, sometimes it's good to know you left it all out there.

Not take that gel, drink more on the bike so I don't cramp up. Tie a double knot as I had to stop for my laces twice!!
Post race
Warm down:

Was way too hot as I don't think my body had processed water since the bike. I felt quite sick and stayed near the recovery station to drink as much as I could. Felt a bit sick and a bit dizzy. yeah nice.

I'm really happy with this race. Coming back to tris after being away for so long was a bit nerve racking and I definitely didn't think, after looking at the field that I would have been 5th in my age group. A big win for me I thinks.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not training for the swim and bike. And massive cramps,

Event comments:

I would recommend this race to anyone. The flat course, easy set up for the course and the venue makes for a natural tri site. Excellent viewing for family with seats and shade. Would do a tri here again next week if I could. It really couldn't get any flatter.

Last updated: 2011-03-13 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:10 | 500 meters | 02m 02s / 100meters
Age Group: 7/26
Overall: 18/126
Performance: Good
Suit: Tri Suit
Course: One way swim along the bank passed the grand stand. Fabulous spectator course.
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 22F / -6C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Below average
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
00:39:46 | 20 kms | 30.18 km/hr
Age Group: 0/26
Overall: 0/126
Performance:
Wind: None
Course: Four laps of the flattest course I have ever ridden.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:26:40 | 10 kms | 02m 40s  min/km
Age Group: 15/26
Overall: 53/126
Performance: Bad
Course: Flat two laps out and back.
Keeping cool Bad Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2011-03-13 10:01 PM

Sydney Australia
Subject:

2011-03-14 6:25 AM
in reply to: #3396200

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2011-03-14 12:43 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2011-03-15 1:44 PM

Pro
Vancouver, BC
Subject: RE: Trishave series woman's Triathlon festival
Looks pretty good to me. Hopefully it wasn't too hot.
2011-03-16 11:34 PM

Sydney Australia
Subject:
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Trishave series woman's Triathlon festival Rss Feed