General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Kick: good on side & back but no good on stomach Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-03-17 9:33 PM

User image

Master
Rural Ontario
Subject: Swim Kick: good on side & back but no good on stomach

I've noticed something when I do my kick drills (oh how I hate them): when I'm on my back or side (no flutterboard) and just kicking, I can move at a respectable speed. When I roll onto my stomach (with or without flutterboard) and kick I'm like my old washing machine - lots of noise and splashing but only a little movement in random directions. What gives?

2011-03-17 9:56 PM
in reply to: #3402950

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2011-03-17 11:31 PM
in reply to: #3402950

Subject: RE: Swim Kick: good on side & back but no good on stomach
I am wondering the exact same thing as you. Sometimes I feel like my kick almost moves me backwards. I have tried the shouldering lowering with getting my head all the way under water and I still just barely move. I thought that I have heard someone say that it has something to do with lack of ankle flexibility but I am a total swimming noob so don't quote me on it.
2011-03-18 7:21 AM
in reply to: #3403030

Subject: RE: Swim Kick: good on side & back but no good on stomach

zwiens - 2011-03-18 12:31 AM I am wondering the exact same thing as you. Sometimes I feel like my kick almost moves me backwards. I have tried the shouldering lowering with getting my head all the way under water and I still just barely move. I thought that I have heard someone say that it has something to do with lack of ankle flexibility but I am a total swimming noob so don't quote me on it.

I had the moving backward problem. Make sure your pointing your toes when kicking.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Kick: good on side & back but no good on stomach Rss Feed