Site Issues Custom Training Plan Creator » Two Suggestions, Prep Race Dates and In-Between Levels Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-03-21 12:32 PM

Extreme Veteran
WI
Subject: Two Suggestions, Prep Race Dates and In-Between Levels

It would be nice to have the custom plans add in suggested prep race days as an option in place of a training session.  Example might be a weekend training session a month or two prior to one's "A" 1/2 iron race that has an olympic race in place of a long brick session.

Another suggestion is for adding an option to add interval sets for beginners to help improve rather than just adding an additional session per discipline.  When creating my plan, I noticed that the beginner plan had little to no interval sessions compared to an intermediate level plan.  I "gamed" the plan creator a bit to get the training time I wanted/needed and the interval sessions I wanted to help increase my speed.  While I'm definitely "beginner" I'd like to improve my speed based on the workouts and not necessarily the distance (as seen for run and bike between beginner and intermediate).

All said, I believe I have a workable plan that will help me achieve my goal for this year.

2011-04-04 8:35 AM
in reply to: #3406974

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Two Suggestions, Prep Race Dates and In-Between Levels
Thanks for the suggestions.  You are correct, the only 'intervals' we give for Beginner plans are in the form of drills.  We are very conservative for beginners in NOT doing any speedwork for the first year.
New Thread
Site Issues Custom Training Plan Creator » Two Suggestions, Prep Race Dates and In-Between Levels Rss Feed