Other Country Forums Southeast Asia » New to the forum - from Shanghai Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, alicefoeller Reply
2011-03-24 7:12 PM

User image

Shanghai
Subject: New to the forum - from Shanghai

Hi,

I am brand new to triathlons. I have run a few distance races and found that I needed a like variety if I was going to stick with it. Thus, I bought a bike, started swimming and am hoping to do my first triathlon this year.

I have been to tri-mapper.com to look for races in Asia and found that there wasn't a whole lot listed. Does anyone know a good site that might have a few more tri's than the few that are listed there. Especially in/around the Shanghai area (or greater China)?

I also notice that there is Shanghai Tri-Club, although the new website appears to be under construction. Anyone on the forum from the club? I would like to get introduced to the club if they are still around.

Thanks!

Jeff

2012-02-03 11:25 PM
in reply to: #3413156

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northern Virginia
Subject: RE: New to the forum - from Shanghai

I see this is an old post, but I'm fairly new to the forums -- sorry for the late post.  Are you still in Shanghai?  Did you hook up with the tri club?  I'm in Beijing and will be here for another five months or so.  There's no formal/active club here, but there is a handful of triathletes, including the newbies I've recruited over the past few months.  A bunch of us are hoping to head to Bintan in late May for the Oly race there.  Any nearby races on your schedule this spring?

2012-02-20 4:00 AM
in reply to: #4028931

User image

Shanghai

I am on the Shanghai tri-clubs distribution list. My schedule doesn't fit very well with the training runs/rides, so I usually train alone. It is nice to be kept up to speed on races though. They do a decent job of letting the group know of new races.

My next race isn't until June back in the US (Michigan). I'll probably do one of the fall races in Beijing and/or Chengdu that were posted on the other thred. There is also a race a triathlon in Moganshan (near Hangzhou) that I have been thinking about doing. http://www.moganshantriathlon.com/

It's not a tri, but I've always wanted to do either Great Wall Marathon or 1/2 Marathon. Its May 19th this year. http://www.great-wall-marathon.com.cn/. Might fit in your schedule if you can't find a Tri.

2012-02-25 12:49 AM
in reply to: #4056156

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northern Virginia
The Great Wall Marathon would be wonderful (was going to say "great") if it weren't a week before Bintan. Might end up volunteering, depending on my work schedule. Let me know if you end up coming up for it.
New Thread
Other Country Forums Southeast Asia » New to the forum - from Shanghai Rss Feed