General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Tanglewood Tri? (Tri to Make a difference) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-03-25 3:32 PM

Subject: Lake Tanglewood Tri? (Tri to Make a difference)
Does anybody know if this race is going to take place this year?  I am looking to do my first race and this one is close to home and the september date will give me enough time to get ready.  I have not been able to find any information about the 2011 race.  Also are there other races in the texas panhandle this fall that I should be considering

2011-03-26 4:27 PM
in reply to: #3414654

Veteran
Fort Worth, Texas
Subject: RE: Lake Tanglewood Tri? (Tri to Make a difference)

The info for this race always comes up around July. I live in Amarillo and will do the May race at Buffalo Springs in Lubbock, the chick-fil-a race in June (no info yet), Amarillo Town Club in July, and Lake Tanglewood in Sept. Also an Oly in Oct in south Texas. If you email the race director for Tanglewood he will get back to you. He is a super nice guy. Remember that race is very friendly, but can be tough. The run is all rollers. Ouch! Let me know if I can help in any way.

Brian

2011-03-26 5:10 PM

Brian thanks for your reply I am also in amarillo and am really enjoying the process of training for my first tri.  I have ordered my bike and am waiting impatiently for it(been training on the exercise bike)  I have been driving around and looking at maps to scope out some good bike routes for my training I live near 9th and bell.  any help with routes would be great.  thanks again

Jeremy   

2011-03-26 8:18 PM

Veteran
Fort Worth, Texas
I like to ride the service road on I 40. Start at Gander Mountain and go to Bushland (12 miles), or all the way to Vega and back. Good luck and have fun.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Tanglewood Tri? (Tri to Make a difference) Rss Feed