United States
30F / -1C
Sunny
Total Time = 30m 17s
Overall Rank = 79/
Age Group = F40-49
Age Group Rank = 6/
Pre-race routine:

I got up around 6:30 and had some oatmeal and water and gathered my stuff together for the race. It was a little chilly but at least the sun was out so that helped.
Event warmup:

I did a little under a mile for a warmup - wanted to see what the roads were like after all the snow yesterday (pretty clear except for a few slick spots).
Run
  • 30m 17s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 44s  min/mile
Comments:

The first mile had the most slick spots by the golf course and through the soccer park. Those areas were shaded so they sun hadn't got to them to melt the snow/ice from yesterday. It wasn't bad though, with the exception of the bridge. We all had to run on the sidewalks there - those had been de-iced but the bridge itself was un-runnable. We hit the 1 mile mark once we got through the soccer park and up to Hwy K. Check my Garmin - 9:45. Pretty good for me and right where I wanted to be. The course is mostly flat so the next mile went by pretty easily although I did slow down a little. The volunteer at the 2 mile marker was calling off splits and I got a little discouraged when I heard him say 20:53 as I ran past. I didn't think I had slowed down that much. Once I checked my Garmin though, I noticed the mile marker was in the wrong place - it was closer to 2.15. That made me feel better. Mile 3 I tried to pick up the pace a little and passed a few people through there. Almost done! All that was left was the circle drive back to the Spirit Center. I picked up the pace as best I could and finished pretty well.
What would you do differently?:

I don't know - this was a pretty good race for me.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around inside and out, got some Gatorade and water.

Last updated: 2011-03-21 12:00 AM
Running
00:30:17 | 03.11 miles | 09m 44s  min/mile
Age Group: 6/
Overall: 79/
Performance: Good
Course: Started at the Spirit Center, past the golf course, through the soccer park, out onto Hwy K, past the middle school, through the nearby neighborhood and back to the Spirit Center.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes