Oregon Road Runners Club
33F / 1C
Overcast
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I got up 7:00. Left the house at 7:30. I had a banana and a powerbar, picked up Rene halway and headed to the race. I started drinking Gatorade about 8:00 and had some Advil at 8:30. At 9:00 I had a 2nd power bar.
Event warmup:

I ran about half a mile as a warmup then went back into the building becuase I was cold.
Run
  • 00m
  • 0 miles
  •  min/mile
Post race
Warm down:

None, really. I was tired and it was very cold.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My lack of running on the road hurts me on these road runs. I need to enter some road runnning and some hills.

Event comments:

BIB #92. Looking at the Pacing and the Elevation profile everything went to hell on the first of the 3 climbs. I need to see how I feel the next couple of days and then start running and getting off the Eliptical machines. My plan is to run the bridge loop twice every week then introduce some hills.

Last updated: 2010-12-16 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 00 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course: With a "Runners set … Go!" we were off. I went out at my planned 9:00 minute split. I checked my Garmin continuously for the first three miles. I was able to hit mile 1 and mile 2 on time. The course went through Forest Grove for a mile or two, then out into the countryside, staying flat. I passed the halfway mark in 28:__,then around 3.5 miles we were dealt a climb of about 50 feet in elevation over a few tenths of a mile. Ugh. I recovered on the downside of the hill, but then at 4.25 miles we faced another climb, this one a little longer and steeper. We got to go down after cresting the hill, but, cruelly, the course turned around at the bottom. So up the backside of the hill we went. The back half of the race my pacing fell apart.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes