RunnersRoost
65F / 18C
Sunny
Total Time = 57m 41s
Overall Rank = 56/91
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Up 21/2 hours early to have some eggs, banana, and coffee. Also couple glases of water. Coffee with my wife. Left early enough to arrive 20 minutes before race.
Event warmup:

When I arrived I took a chocolate GU with about 6 oz. of water. Jogged for about 7 or 8 minutes and stretched for 5. Had gone to restroom several times at home but seemed to have to go again. Lines to long, decided I would have to suffer. I always seem to have gastro intestinal issues before races no matter how many times I go, or what I eat. Pasta on Fri. night and pizza on Sat. night before this am. I tried to stay away from greasy foods this weekend.
Run
  • 57m 41s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 09m 18s  min/mile
Comments:

See above!
What would you do differently?:

Need to do some more speed training. I have done some tempo runs but no major speed work. I love the distance.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked about 10 minutes and did some stretching.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Mainly experience and needing to get better speed and endurance. I'm working on those.

Last updated: 2004-02-08 12:00 AM
Running
00:57:41 | 06.2 miles | 09m 18s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 56/91
Performance: Good
HR was up about 10 beats per minute for my pace. When I run at home if I run at 170 to 175 I am usually in the 8:30 pace range. Here I ran 170 to 175 and was in the 9:18 range. I was slow today, but my first full competative 10k. I loved it.
Course: Loop course, mostly flat, some small hills in the middle. Ran in beautiful Old Town Fort Collins, and then along the Poudre River. Part of the Marathon, which is where I hope to be next year at this time. Sunny, 65, slight breeze. Perfect day for a run.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes