Set Up Events
50F / 10C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 06m
Overall Rank = 24/118
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 5/13
Pre-race routine:

Packed my tri bag the night before. Wanted to ensure that I had everything. Arrived early and had plenty of time to get into race mode. Arrived at 6:15 and picked up my timing chip and got marked. Took my time setting up my transition area. It was chilly so after I was setup, I went and relaxed in the car until around 7:30.
Event warmup:

Walked around the pool area and stretched. It was a very nice facility.
Swim
  • 07m 39s
  • 328 yards
  • 02m 20s / 100 yards
Comments:

This is my worst leg and I was very very slow today. Not able to get into a rhytmn in the pool. The first 100 was good. Then I was passed but the guy who passed me could not keep up the pace so he ended up slowing me down. I stayed behind him for about 50 yards and finally walked pasted him. This was incredibly frustrating. I was shaking my head as I exited the pool.
What would you do differently?:

More swimming practice. I must get better at swimming. I think starting in the later half of the races because of pool swimming puts me with people who are casual participants and this causes delays in the swimming and makes it tough to see other "competitors". The fault lies with me, I need to improve.
Transition 1
  • 01m 4s
Comments:

T1 was really smooth. I was the first in my pod to T1 so I had open space. Was able to get on my shirt, helment and shoes smoothly and quickly. Was out and moving. Didn't take time to dry at all.

Wasn;t able to get Garmin working so I was unsure of my time while on the course. Need to work on this portion of transition.
Bike
  • 34m 37s
  • 10 miles
  • 17.33 mile/hr
Comments:

Left T1 trying to get my Garmin set. This slowed me down before getting to Rogers. Once there I said forget the Garmin and just ride. Got into a rhytmn and just motored along the course. Because it was chilly I was not able to really get loose. But the ride was still comfortable. Passed several people on all straights. I was just trying to get to the lowest number possible in front of me. The climb on 98 was really tough. I just lowered my gears and did a little spinning up the hill. then once on Averette, I was able to catch my breath, relax and coast back to the Rec center.

Still had a lot left in the tank. Need to remember that I can give more effort on the bike. Need to get aero bars back and stay in aero position.
Transition 2
  • 00m 51s
Comments:

This was pretty quick. Had issues getting my shoes on. Even though I was barefooted it was still slow.

Nothing, just need to move quicker and setup transition better.
Run
  • 21m 52s
  • 3.2 miles
  • 06m 50s  min/mile
Comments:

Run was good. I think I got into a good rhythm quickly and was able to keep my pace. Unfortunately I was still unable to really get loose but overall it was a good run.

Nothing. The run is the least of my problems. I felt comfortable. Just need to work on get loose faster.
Post race
Warm down:

After having my timing chip removed, walked around to lower my heart rate. Deep cleansing breaths and a little water.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The chilly temps didn't help and then the slow swim really killed my time.

Event comments:

Set-Up Events did a great job as always. Everyone was really friendly and helpful.

Last updated: 2011-04-12 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:07:39 | 328 yards | 02m 20s / 100yards
Age Group: 13/13
Overall: 71/118
Performance: Below average
Suit: 2XU tri shorts
Course: 6 lap X 25 yards, snake swim
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Time Trial
Water temp: 83F / 28C Current: Low
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Average
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:04
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:34:37 | 10 miles | 17.33 mile/hr
Age Group: 7/13
Overall: 37/118
Wind: Little
Course: Rolling course with tough climb on 98. Mostly light traffic and smooth course.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:51
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Average
Jumping off bike Average
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:21:52 | 03.2 miles | 06m 50s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/13
Overall: 11/118
Course: Also a rolling course. From one neighborhood to another. Down a dirt path back into the neighborhood to finish.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes