United States
Ohio River Road Runners Club
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 13m 7s
Overall Rank = 73/109
Age Group = F 25-29
Age Group Rank = 1/4
Pre-race routine:

The race didn't start until 10:00 so I woke up around 8:30, RunningFlyr made us some coffee and I did some work (yes I had to work on a Saturday - see working from home sometimes sucks). Ate a cliff bar and left the house around 9:00.
Event warmup:

Walked from the parking lot to registration, registered and then stood in line for the porta-potty, I had to pee, dang it why didn't I remember to do that before I left the house.
Run
  • 1h 13m 7s
  • 6.5 miles
  • 11m 15s  min/mile
Comments:

I did this race last year as my first 10K and my first trail race. The length is always a little longer then 10K, from what I heard it was around 6.5, whatever, it's a fun course that always kills me. I walked to steep climbs and jogged the rest. It wasn't too muddy which was kind of disappointing but on the bright side I didn't fall, last year I totally took a huge dive in the mud. My favorite training partner raced as well and while he was a tad faster (ok a lot faster) it was nice to see his bright orange shirt at the finish line. The chick who took first place overall for the females was in my AG so by default that made me first place in our age group. Did I mention how much I love running races versus Triathlons? Yeah, because at a running race I'm my calendar age on race day, I'm not 30 yet bee-otches!
What would you do differently?:

Nada, it was fun to get out and run.
Post race
Warm down:

Ate gummy bears.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I haven't had as much training time this late winter/spring because of work, travel and personal circumstances, so I was probably underprepared but it was really just for fun anyway.

Last updated: 2011-04-09 12:00 AM
Running
01:13:07 | 06.5 miles | 11m 15s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/4
Overall: 0/109
Performance: Average
Course: Crazy 10K+ single loop trail race with some steep ravines to climb out of and a couple of creeks to cross, a couple sets of dug-in stairs and general funness.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes