General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Last weekend before training program start Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-08-19 1:14 PM

Subject: Last weekend before training program start
Happy Friday to everybody.

In 2 hours, I will begin my last weekend before the start of my training program.

This will be the last two and a half not-focused days in a gigantic while.

I will mainly go for pleasure activities (movies, dinner, etc.) with my fiancee.

Thenafter, I will still do social activities but I will focus my life more toward training and cut most non-essential activities (i.e: work and being with my fiancee).

I feel like a young man about to become a monk.

Anybody lived the same? (setting a date to start and knowing it's coming?).

My goals are well defined and my motivation not wavering at all.

2005-08-19 1:26 PM
in reply to: #229069

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY
Subject: RE: Last weekend before training program start

Dude, relax. You're training for a race, not shipping out to Parris Island. It sounds like you're about to start a huge amount of training where you previously haven't done any. That's about the best way to develop an injury there is.

How much exercise/training do you do now and what's your target race?

2005-08-19 1:34 PM

User image

Master
South of SLC
Subject: RE: Last weekend before training program start
Cut out most of your TV watching and you will free up some real time.

I agree with Marma -- tri's do not need to overtake your life. Most people here have great balance in their lives because training forces you to plan time instead of just watching it go by. You are single, so I assume without children. Wait until you have kids and then fit training into your schedule and see how much busier you can get.

Get your fiancee to train with you so you can spend more time together. Spend time training while the rest of the world is sleeping. Focus your plan so you don't waste time in training. If your training has a purpose, it will make you better. If it does not, it will not be as beneficial.

Relax man, this is a stress release and not something that should cause you to freak out.

Mike
2005-08-19 2:05 PM

Subject: Already doing some
I'm already training around 6-9 hours a week but mostly unstructured (apart from 2/wk swim lesson).

I'm ready for another challenge. I will increment my workouts as not to burn out or get injured.

My physical condition is good but I'm looking to make it great.

Thanks for advices.

On other subject, I don't plan to have kids in the forseeable future. Right now, I envison never having some but it may change in 5-10 years.

Thanks all
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Last weekend before training program start Rss Feed