General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Downtown Cleveland Pre-Race Dinner Suggestion? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-04-16 10:13 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Omaha, NE
Subject: Downtown Cleveland Pre-Race Dinner Suggestion?
Hello,

I'm in Omaha, Nebraska and trying to organize a pre-race dinner for approx 16 people who are meeting up from around the country at the Cleveland Marathon.  I've never been to the area and was wondering if anyone could recommend some good eating places (hopefully close to downtown Cleveland where most of us are staying) that may be able to accomodate a group that size nicely.  If possible, we'd like to find a place with more 'natural' options - basically tasty AND healthy   Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,
Renee

2011-04-16 3:31 PM
in reply to: #3450031

User image

Expert
C-bus
Subject: RE: Downtown Cleveland Pre-Race Dinner Suggestion?
I know lots of places... none of them healthy!  For your post-race celebration, go to Melt in Lakewood.  MMmmmmmmmmm.
2011-04-18 8:55 AM

User image

Veteran

Not sure how far you want to go, but here are a few:

Players on Madison- Lakewood  Great pasta and pizza

Winking lizard- downtown- but the Indians are home so it will be crowded

Johnny Mango's- Ohio city funky and cool

Great Lakes Brewery- Ohio City- if any of your gang wants to "carbo" load.  good food too.

Frank and Paulies- right downtown, good food.  Have not been there in awhile.  

2011-05-05 6:22 AM

User image

Veteran
Cleveland area, OH

If you are looking for healthy and local/natural foods, I highly recommend Light Bistro. It is located about 5 minutes west of Downtown. The panzanella salad is excellent! 

Fire food and drink on the east side is also a great choice, if I recall correctly they have a lot of vegetarian options. 

If you are looking for something downtown, your two best choices are Greenhouse Tavern and Crop Bistro. Both of those are excellent as well. 

2011-05-05 9:43 AM

User image

Veteran
Northeast Ohio
You could consider Tommy's Restaurant in Coventry. It is about 15 minutes (6 miles) from downtown.  They have lots of options and their website has the full menu if you want to check it out.  I think you could call ahead and they might be able to accomodate you.  Their website is ???www.tommyscoventry.com  Just my two cents.  I would agree that after any event one should go to Melt!!
2011-05-05 10:18 AM
in reply to: #3483464

User image

Extreme Veteran

roywidget - 2011-05-05 10:43 AM You could consider Tommy's Restaurant in Coventry. It is about 15 minutes (6 miles) from downtown.  They have lots of options and their website has the full menu if you want to check it out.  I think you could call ahead and they might be able to accomodate you.  Their website is ???www.tommyscoventry.com  Just my two cents.  I would agree that after any event one should go to Melt!!

I live down the street from Tommy's, and I have to agree.  They have tons of healthful, clean food (they also have meat options, so it's not entirely veg).  Anytime I want to eat out but eat well, I go to Tommy's.  Post-race, well, that's a different story

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Downtown Cleveland Pre-Race Dinner Suggestion? Rss Feed