General Discussion Race Reports! » Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Oxford, Ohio
United States
HFP Racing
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 15m 37s
Overall Rank = 88/650
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 6/33
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 3am. Had my usual bowl of Kashi Go Lean with 1 tablespoon of flaxseed and 3 heaping tablespoons of blueberries. Also had a cup of coffee and some water. Then had to drive around 2.5 hrs to the race site in heavy rain
Event warmup:

I swamm 100M 45minutes before actual race start which turned into about 1:30 before I actually entered the pool so it did not help much.
Swim
  • 08m 41s
  • 437 yards
  • 01m 59s / 100 yards
Comments:

First time I swam in an UnderArmor type shirt but I knew it would be similar to my tri top I swam in before. I just didn't want to have to put on a shirt in transition.
What would you do differently?:

Pacing seemed close to what it should be but I passed quite a few people. I also got stuck behind a few people when lanes would go 3 wide and then it was tough. Turns were congested too but I feel I made the best effort I could and swam a little slower than normal. Also maybe not start out so fast as I knew the adrenaline was getting me.
Transition 1
  • 01m
Comments:

My transition went smooth other than the damp socks from being rained on. I rode in running shoes with quick tie laces so I was in and out quickly with no issues that I remember.

Learn to control bike from holding the seat.
Bike
  • 42m 37s
  • 13.05 miles
  • 18.37 mile/hr
Comments:

Wow. The bike I felt fresh on and I was going good passing a few people before I wass passed by Kapp.matt. I met him during the wait for the swim and he decided to wear a bright red jacket so I pursued him most of the ride. Towards the end a guy said we had a mile left so I grabbed a drink and dropped my bottle on the ground. I decided I should stop and pick it up but on slippery ground I fished tailed and hit the ground. A few scrapes, bruised ego, but I hopped back on the bike and hammered to the finish.

Do not drop your water bottle and if so don't worry about it! Clipless shoes will be in my next race as with the wet conditions my feet slid on the pedals every now and then
Transition 2
  • 00m 35s
Comments:

When you just have to take off your helmet, sunglasses, and rack you bike it is pretty quick. Also took one last drink of Gatorade. . .

No extra drink, I was hydrated enough!
Run
  • 22m 43s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 07m 18s  min/mile
Comments:

The run felt good and is my strong suit. I skipped the aid station which I didn't need but I got side stiches with maybe 3/4 mile left. I think this was from the decision to have one last drink of Gatorade or having drank too much on the bike. At the turn around I saw Kapp.matt whom I had been chasing on the bike. He had a slower T2 time and once I saw him I kept up the pace. If it weren't for the side stiches I would have had a clean run and possibly a PR

Figure out why I get side stiches every now and then.
Post race
Warm down:

A banana and an orange while chatting with Kapp.matt. We talked about the race and it was time for me to head home and nurse my wounds which started to hurt AFTER I calmed down. Overall though it was a good race.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

First fall on the bike.

Last updated: 2011-04-18 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:41 | 437 yards | 01m 59s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/33
Overall: 0/650
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:42:37 | 13.05 miles | 18.37 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:35
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:22:43 | 03.11 miles | 07m 18s  min/mile
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2011-04-18 3:21 PM

User image

Veteran
Columbus
Subject: Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon

2011-04-18 5:20 PM
in reply to: #3453238

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ohio
Subject: RE: Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon
Nice Race Dude.
2011-04-21 7:43 AM
in reply to: #3453238

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon
I'm honored go have my name thrown in the report. Thanks for the friendly competition and nice race.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Miami University Student Foundation Triathlon Rss Feed