General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mach Tenn Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2011-06-06 12:46 PM
in reply to: #3535023

User image

Master
Columbia, TN
Subject: RE: Mach Tenn Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread

BC4UA - 2011-06-06 12:38 PM So how'd everyone do?

I should be happy, but find myself feeling disappointed anyway. 

I should be happy to be nearly 7 minutes faster than last year.  But I was depressingly far behind the leaders primarily because of a very weak swim.  And this 'sprint' tri surely reveals swimming weakness.

And the competition at this race is deeper than any other race I typically do each year.  So it just leaves me feeling inferior.

2011-06-06 1:02 PM
in reply to: #3535040

JeffY - 2011-06-06 12:46 PM

BC4UA - 2011-06-06 12:38 PM So how'd everyone do?

I should be happy, but find myself feeling disappointed anyway. 

I should be happy to be nearly 7 minutes faster than last year.  But I was depressingly far behind the leaders primarily because of a very weak swim.  And this 'sprint' tri surely reveals swimming weakness.

And the competition at this race is deeper than any other race I typically do each year.  So it just leaves me feeling inferior.

7 minutes? Lordy that's an improvement.

Interesting. I had a similiar odd feeling about the race.  I was curious about the competition as well. Seemed pretty stout after looking at the results. People we putting up some impressive splits given the heat. Given last year results I figured I'd be higher in the pack.

This was my second triathlon and first OWS one. The swim went pretty well, had a few issues sighting and I seemed to stay wide. But I was :12/100 faster (over a longer distance) than the ADPi race a couple months back. I feel that if I stay the course my swimming should be good enough to get me a decent split at the Augusta HIM.

I need to HTFU up on the bike apparently. I don't remember it being that bad when we drove it the day before, but I struggled for the first few miles and the bit of elevation it did have caught me off-guard. Need to practice attacking hills a bit more. Run went well. Hit my time but it was hoooooot out there. Longest 4 miles I've ever done.

2011-06-06 5:12 PM
in reply to: #3478235

User image

Champion
Nashville, TN
Definitely a strong field.  Good hard race over a challenging distance.  I recommend not benchmarking yourself by your AG rank but look for improvements from year to year or race to race.  FTR:  my time would have been 1st or 2nd in my AG the past four years.  This year it netted me 5th.  Not much I can do about that. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mach Tenn Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 2