United States
62F / 17C
Sunny
Total Time = 3h 38m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I sipped Gatorade on the way to the start of the ride. I stopped and picked up a Breakfast Burrito Meal. I stocked up with Cliff Shots, a Rocks Star Recovery and one 5 Hour Shot.
Event warmup:

There was none. I eased into the ride as we started.
Bike
  • 3h 38m
  • 62.14 miles
  • 17.10 mile/hr
Comments:

The ride is a counter clockwise loop with the same rest area on the first and third rest stop. The 2nd rest stop was at Champoeg Park. I kept to the fruit at the rest areas and ate 1.5 packages of Cliff Shots. I moved up and down the pace line easily. We passed many more riders than passed us. However we were passed by some fast single riders and a few very fast pace lines. My knee was very sore by the end of the ride but felt pretty good for the first half.
What would you do differently?:

Because of my recent knee surgery I may have went out a little hard on the third and fourth legs. My knee was getting sore on the 3rd rest stop and was definitely sore walking around after the forth leg.
Post race
Warm down:

There was no warm down. We loaded up the gear and went looking for my Monster cookie.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My left knee was and is going to be for a little while the limiting factor on my performances. It has only been 3 1/2 weeks since the surgery so I am happy with the progress. Next week will be a test with the Gator Grinder Sprint Triathlon coming up

Event comments:

It was a good ride on the nicest day of the year to this point. The sun was out but there was a touch of cool. Our pace group of four friends moved quickly enough and the stops were not too long. I probably could have gone another 10 miles but did not want to. I think it was a good test of my abilities based on the time of year and the length of my cycling events this year.

Last updated: 2011-05-05 12:00 AM
Biking
03:38:00 | 62.14 miles | 17.10 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Wind: None
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 80
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right