General Discussion Race Reports! » OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Indianapolis, Indiana
United States
500 Festival
53F / 12C
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 01m 5s
Overall Rank = 8346/30580
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 428/2542
Pre-race routine:

I was up at 4:30am. I had some steel cut oats with a 1/2 banana for breakfast. I coach a team for this race, and several of my runners and walkers are blind. I went and picked 2 of them up. We got to the runner's village at 6:30 and waited on the rest of the team.
Event warmup:

No real warm up. I walked the 7 blocks to the starting corrals.
Run
  • 2h 01m 5s
  • 13.34 miles
  • 09m 05s  min/mile
Comments:

I really did not feel completely on my game today. My stomach was upset off and on the whole race. There was no time I felt like I was just gliding along like I usually do at this distance. There were several places I had to slow down because it was so crowded.
What would you do differently?:

I'm really not sure. I followed my normal routine. I just didn't have the best day. I was really hoping for. 1:55.
Post race
Warm down:

I walked back to the runner's village to meet my team. Even though I didn't have the best day, everyone on my team finished. Many of them had never done anything like this before, and I was really proud of them.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I really don't know.

Event comments:

I will continue to do this race. I just won't expect to PR. It's not the right course for it- too many people.

Last updated: 2011-05-07 12:00 AM
Running
02:01:05 | 13.34 miles | 09m 05s  min/mile
Age Group: 428/2542
Overall: 8346/30580
Performance: Below average
I maintained a solid 160-165 hr during the entire race.
Course: This course runs through downtown Indianapolis, to the famous motor speedway. Then you run around the track and back out into downtown. This is the largest 1/2 Mary in the country, and it is really well organized with lots of volunteers and a clean, flat course.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 2
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2011-05-07 5:42 PM

User image

Indianapolis
Subject: OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon Rss Feed