United States
68F / 20C
Sunny
Total Time = 6h 21m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Arrived at Mira Costa College parking lot around 5:20AM for the 6AM start time for the century ride. Ate a PB sandwich on the drive up. Took my sportlegs and a couple of GU chomps about 30 mins before the start.
Event warmup:

Not much of a warm up. The first 6-7 miles of the ride was relatively flat, used that time for warmup.
Bike
  • 6h 21m
  • 100 miles
  • 15.75 mile/hr
Comments:

All in all, one of my favorite century routes, with the variation in scenary, elevations, and very little traffic until the last 8 miles through PCH.
What would you do differently?:

Stick with a group, especially heading towards Oceanside.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around the post-ride festivities, ate a plate of Phil's BBQ, which was provided by the ADA, while we waited for the rest of the team to finish the ride.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My quads started to cramp up around the 65 mile mark. I would slow down my cadence until the cramping feeling subsided. This happened repeatedly until the 90 mile mark.

Event comments:

This Tour is in support of the American Diabetes Association. The fundraising is just as fun and competitive as the actual ride. With 30, 55 and 100 mile routes, it's the perfect event for all levels. It's a win-win for all. I will continue to ride this event.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2011-01-14 12:00 AM
Biking
06:21:00 | 100 miles | 15.75 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Wind: Some
Course: The course is somewhat challenging, with the biggest climbs coming at the 53 mile mark (hitting a short max 14% grade) and 61 mile mark (with a 9% portion). A 7 mile stretch heading west towards Oceanside into a headwind also made for a bit of challenge, especially since I was riding solo at that point, nobody to draft.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right