Ohio River Road Runners Club
75F / 24C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 11m 11s
Overall Rank = 59/78
Age Group = M24-29
Age Group Rank = 5/5
Pre-race routine:

Ate a quick bowl of macaroni and headed over. (6:30 PM race)
Event warmup:

Stretched, light jogging, bathroom.
Run
  • 1h 10m 28s
  • 7 miles
  • 10m 04s  min/mile
Comments:

Ouch. I am definitely still recovering from the Mini. First mile I felt okay, but then the pain set in everywhere below the waist. My left arch is killing me, not sure what I did there, but it's been bugging me since Saturday. Getting a little muddy was fun, although now I get to clean my old running shoes. I was able to pick up the pace a little at the end and picked off a few stragglers out ahead of me that were running out of steam. Finished well enough in my age group to take home a trophy even though I definitely didn't do as well as I could have (if I wasn't still recovering).
What would you do differently?:

I wasn't really expecting to do well, just wanted to run the race. Ideally I wouldn't want to run a race like this so soon after such a hard long effort, but I'm fine with how this turned out. Humidity was very high, which was unexpected and made it a bit different.
Post race
Warm down:

Chugged a bottle of water, had a diet mountain dew, drove to Tipp City and got a Blizzard.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Running 13.1 miles 3 days ago in 1:54.

Event comments:

ORRRC does a great job with these races. They might be low key, but you passed one aid station 4 times and the other one twice, and the volunteers were great. Plus, you can't beat a $3 race with aid stations, snacks after the race, and AG awards!

Last updated: 2011-04-20 12:00 AM
Running
01:10:28 | 07 miles | 10m 04s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/5
Overall: 5/78
Performance: Average
Splits: 9:04; 9:59; 10:46; 10:30; 10:14; 10:33; 8:58
Course: 2 loops around the park. Technically 2 different loops each repeated once. A 1 mile loop with a long gentle uphill section that was otherwise flat, and then a 2.5 loop around the outside of the park that went down by the creek and into a little bit of mud, and then back up that same hill, through the woods, back down by the park entrance, and up another long gentle hill to the start.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes