General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-05-13 4:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Plant City, Florida
Bronze member
Subject: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon : Official Thread
OK I'm Ready for a night time race - it was great last year - this year I'm bringing a driver so I can have a beer or two afterwards.

2011-05-19 10:23 AM
in reply to: #3498063

User image

St. Petersburg
Subject: RE: Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon : Official Thread
I did it last year too and had a great time although I didn't like the location of the finish. I already checked the course and it looks like the made the finish of the course more spectator friendly! Haven't decided if I'm going to run it this year. Probably not because the Augusta HIM is the weekend before.
2011-05-25 12:56 PM
in reply to: #3508032

User image

Veteran
Plant City, Florida
Bronze member

CharleyBeth - 2011-05-19 10:23 AM I did it last year too and had a great time although I didn't like the location of the finish. I already checked the course and it looks like the made the finish of the course more spectator friendly! Haven't decided if I'm going to run it this year. Probably not because the Augusta HIM is the weekend before.

I am doing Augusta as well. I didn't plan my race year so good this year.

2011-05-25 2:50 PM

User image

St. Petersburg
Gotcha... I planned my races ok, but I've been horrible and sporadic on my training. I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate a plan that gets me ready for Augusta and then a marathon in Dec. Ultimate goal is to do a full next year. I've got Friel's books and have access to a couple of people that are past running coaches. It's just deciding how I want to proceed.
2011-05-25 2:51 PM

Veteran
Lost, Florida
Is it worth the money?  $155?  Is that right.  Seems kind of high for a HM.
2011-05-26 12:28 PM
in reply to: #3518632

User image

St. Petersburg
It depends on what you are looking for in a race. Disney races are always more expensive. I thought the idea of the party after the race was a great idea and the park is open late to the athletes and the specators who purchase a party ticket. You get to see a small part of Animal Kingdom, a good portion of Hollywood studios and part of Epcot, so it's fun but you have to be careful because it's dark.

I like the Disney races because in between the parks they have a DJ and sometimes a parade float at the mile points and when you are in the parks there are Disney employees every 10 yrds. And depending on the route there are resort and park guest cheering you on too. You never really have to go more than a mile without someone cheering you on which is nice. And there is plenty of water stops and usually a couple of gel stops.

Since it's a Disney race, there are always a lot of participants, mostly from FL but from other parts of the world too. And they usually have a nice, big expo too.

2011-05-26 3:27 PM
in reply to: #3518628

User image

Veteran
Plant City, Florida
Bronze member

CharleyBeth - 2011-05-25 2:50 PM Gotcha... I planned my races ok, but I've been horrible and sporadic on my training. I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate a plan that gets me ready for Augusta and then a marathon in Dec. Ultimate goal is to do a full next year. I've got Friel's books and have access to a couple of people that are past running coaches. It's just deciding how I want to proceed.

Yeah I just did IM Texas last week and Florida 70.3 (there at Disney) the week before (more poor planning). Augusta is my next major. If you want any suggestions on a first time IM course I would be happy to give my 2 cents worth.

2011-05-31 10:31 AM
in reply to: #3520666

User image

St. Petersburg
That would be great! I have a lot of great resources already but am always looking for additional help as I enter this new world of Ironman...
2011-06-11 9:53 PM

Regular
Florida
Once you do a Disney race, none of the others will compare.  You get what you pay for and Disney knows how to do it right!
2011-11-11 10:11 AM
in reply to: #3544287

User image

Veteran
Plant City, Florida
Bronze member
i'm ready for next year
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon : Official Thread Rss Feed