General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Compression Socks or Compression Pants? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-05-13 5:10 PM

User image

Regular
Cypress, TX
Subject: Compression Socks or Compression Pants?

Which ones would be better for recovery and or just to wear and help out the legs before a race? 

2011-05-13 6:28 PM
in reply to: #3498125

User image

Elite
Laguna Beach
Subject: RE: Compression Socks or Compression Pants?

It depends on the product and how it is designed, and each vendor applies compression somewhat differently.

Some vendors use compression fabrics for joint stabilization, like CW-X does in some of their products. Others use compression to reduce inflammation or edema, like the medical company CEP. Others claim supportive, performance benefits like Under Armour, Skins and 2XU. Most of these guys have a range of products that have different performance benefits.

You have to visit some websites to do the research on what the manufacturers are claiming.

2011-05-13 6:38 PM
in reply to: #3498199

User image

Regular
Cypress, TX
Tom Demerly. - 2011-05-13 6:28 PM

It depends on the product and how it is designed, and each vendor applies compression somewhat differently.

Some vendors use compression fabrics for joint stabilization, like CW-X does in some of their products. Others use compression to reduce inflammation or edema, like the medical company CEP. Others claim supportive, performance benefits like Under Armour, Skins and 2XU. Most of these guys have a range of products that have different performance benefits.

You have to visit some websites to do the research on what the manufacturers are claiming.

THANKS!!!  I didn't know this.  I thought all the were the same just brand.  You always post some great information.  I am going to pick some up from trisports on-line.  I got my Ironman Lemon lime powder in and cateye.  Very happy with both.  I am going to hop on the site later today and have some sent to me 2-day.  Planning on wereing them all next week in prep for IMTX.  I am looking for which ever one wil increase and help with blood flow.  Thanks again!

2011-05-13 6:41 PM

User image

Expert
St. Paul, MN
I have calf-sleeves, and I like those. I'm picky about my socks, so I don't want to give up my specific socks. And I don't need pants - I just need some help for my injured heels. Calf-sleeves have been treating me well since Sept! Good luck!!
2011-05-13 6:41 PM

User image

Champion
Fountain Hills, AZ
For recovery, nothing beats the full tights. For pre-race or more everyday use, the socks. As long as the garment provides a high degree of compression, medical grade compression, they are great. CEP and ZOOT make the best, IMO. If you are interested in the ZOOT product, PM me for a discount code on their web site.
2011-05-14 6:37 PM

User image

Regular
Cypress, TX

I am going to go with compression socks for before the race.  Has anyone ever run a marathon in compression pants?

I am thinking about getting these :  Zoot CompressRx Active Tight pants

To be used for the marathon portion of an IM.  I typically just keep my tri suit or shorts on, but I have some hip flexor pain and want to use these if they will help.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Compression Socks or Compression Pants? Rss Feed