General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Question for Tri/Cycling/Running club members Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-05-14 5:50 PM

Expert
Boise
Subject: Question for Tri/Cycling/Running club members

I'm a Physical Therapist and my company is looking to build relationships with local tri/running/cycling clubs. I'm doing a little bit of research. If the community could help me out it would be awesome!  

My question to all of you is fairly simple. What would you want in a relationship with a Physical Therapy Clinic? I really want to know what your needs/wants are so that we can possibly meet those. Anything is on the table within reason.

Would it be helpful to have: running clinics? Injury screens? Hydration stations at the 1/2 way point of your long group rides/runs? Sponsorship of the tri's that you organize?

Let me know!

Aleks

2011-05-14 7:59 PM
in reply to: #3499180

User image

Elite
Roswell, GA
Subject: RE: Question for Tri/Cycling/Running club members
  1. advice at meetings-  It doesn't cost you much and it helps build a relationship
  2. Screenings or other free basic services-  these have a cost, and don't do much more than the above.
  3. Aid stations or other event support- this makes you more personal and like you get it.
  4. Give away stuff with your logo-  This can work to get your name out there.  We have an ice pack that a chiropractor gave us at a race in the freezer.  Stuff like that works.
  5. Race sponsorship-  Everybody likes the folks who support the community, but make sure you don't get lost in the crowd.
2011-05-14 8:17 PM

User image

Champion
MA

Injury prevention talks

Screenings to determine way to handle niggling injuries

My PT does full body movement screenings to determine weaknesses and areas that need work doing exercises to avoid injuries.

Big PT place around here does post race stretching with athletic trainers and PT

Aid Stations, free stuff is all good but how does that help athletes get to know you and what you do

2011-05-15 12:24 PM

Expert
Boise

All good ideas and along the lines of what I was thinking. 

Kathy, I think the idea of aid stations would be just to get our name out there and would just be a 1st step. 

Brown Dog, giving away stuff with our logo is a good idea. I think water bottles would be a great idea. We all have to drink right? =0)

2011-05-15 7:45 PM

User image

Minneapolis, MN

i have been looking for professionals in my area to do a general physical body assessment that actually know what tri-s can do to a persons body in various stages of the season. 

So far i have only been able to find doctors that know about either runners or bikers and none with more specific tri knowledge.  One even told me how endurance events are bad for my health.  LOL

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Question for Tri/Cycling/Running club members Rss Feed