Canada
8C / 46F
Precipitation
Total Time = 1h 49m 16s
Overall Rank = 616/3430
Age Group = M30-34
Age Group Rank = 76/198
Pre-race routine:

Nothing special, packed everything the day before, had a good banana smoothie and jump in the car to the event.
Event warmup:

15 min run easy to warm up, some strides at the end. Hit the potties and then lined up until the start.
Run
  • 1h 49m 16s
  • 21.08 kms
  • 05m 11s  min/km
Comments:

Coach told me to stay in z3 all along and then blast off at 18k. I did not follow the plan...
Went too fast at the beginning but felt good. Hit 5k mark at almost my 5k PB... hit 8k mark at almost my 8k PB... at 10k, I was feeling excellent...
14k, my calves begun to feel crampy and until the end... was without any fuel at the end and it was very difficult to finish but did it. The end was only on mental and proud of me.
What would you do differently?:

not start as fast as I did even if it was a good race for me.
Post race
Warm down:

Stretch, stretch and stretch, grab some food, took the traditional finisher picture and then back home.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My training was more focus on triathlon rather than specific run. Therefore, I think I lack of some good long run/speed run the last 2 month.

Event comments:

Very nice race. The first 4k are boring, flat in the upper Mississauga, not scenic at all.
As soon as we pass the bridge, the race begin to be scenic, a lot of trees, some very nice house.
Definitely downhill but not as much as Toronto Goodlife. Some uphill but nothing difficult.
The end close to the lac is challenging because you don't see the finish line until the last end and you don't know if you're there yet ;)
A lot of aid stations, very well organized. The only little thing is about the shuttle to go back to the parking lot but... at least there is room for improvement ;)

Last updated: 2010-12-16 12:00 AM
Running
01:49:16 | 21.08 kms | 05m 11s  min/km
Age Group: 76/198
Overall: 616/3430
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5