Overall Rank = 642/1160
Age Group = f 40-49
Age Group Rank = 80/214
Run
  • 2h 05m 23s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 34s  min/mile
Comments:

PR'ed by a little over 2 mins. so I was happy about that. Goal of 2:05 was just missed. I had no watch, garmin or anything b/c I always play mental games w/ myself about pacing, slowing down, speeding up, etc...I thought there'd by clocks or volunteers at mile markers yelling splits but there wasn't. Overall, it didn't bother me too much and it forced me to push myself the whole time. I do wish I knew my splits tho. My first lap I avg'ed 9:15's so there was significant slow down on lap 2. After about 3 miles I wanted to quit b/c it just seemed like such a looong time still to run! The good part was that although I was sore and tired during the race, when the 2 big climbs came, I ran right up them w/out even thinking about it. It's like my body just knew what to do and I was psyched about passing folks on the hills - especially the 2nd loop.
Lots of people in superhero outfits - got passed by batman, lots of women in wonderwoman outfits, some sillystring hero who sillystringed all the volunteers.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe wear my garmin attached to my ankle or something so I have my splits but Im not constantly watching it complaining to myself there's so much longer to go.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around a bit w/ friends then home. It got cold and chilly quick!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I ran as fast as I could. I had just about 100 miles in April, did speed work and everything else. If there was about 10 less lbs. on my body, I'd be faster.

Event comments:

Fun race, great atmosphere, and about 20 mins. away from home.

Last updated: 2011-03-18 12:00 AM
Running
02:05:23 | 13.1 miles | 09m 34s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/214
Overall: 0/1160
Performance: Good
Course: 2 loops thru neighborhoods and about a mile or so of paved trail thru the woods. Scenic rollers.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?