General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Measure speed and cadence with Duotrap sensor and Garmin 310xt Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-05-18 4:20 PM

Subject: Measure speed and cadence with Duotrap sensor and Garmin 310xt

Hi -

I'm new to cycling. I'd like to measure speed and cadence while training. I have a Trek Madone 4.5 which is duotrap ready. So, I bought a duotrap sensor and plan to pair it up with my Garmin 310XT. Do I need a wheel magnet in order to measure both speed and cadence? Can you recommend which wheel magnet I should get?

2011-05-18 6:16 PM
in reply to: #3506759

User image

Master
Riverside, IL
Subject: RE: Measure speed and cadence with Duotrap sensor and Garmin 310xt
I am assuming the sensor you got is the combo speed/cadence sensor, right?  I'm surprised that it didn't come with the appropriate magnets...that seems weird to me.   But to answer your question, yes, you would need both a wheel magnet and a cadence magnet.  The wheel magnet, obviously goes on a spoke in your rear wheel...and the cadence magnet attaches to the right-side crankarm.  I have a friend who rides a Madone 6.2 with the built-in duotrap sensor and his cadence magnet is attached with a small, thick rubber band...however, I do believe he had to remove his pedal to put it on. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Measure speed and cadence with Duotrap sensor and Garmin 310xt Rss Feed