General Discussion Race Reports! » Inside-Out Sports Classic Half-Marathon - 2011 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Inside-Out Sports Classic Half-Marathon - 2011 - RunHalf Marathon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Cary, North Carolina
United States
Run NC
65F / 18C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 40m 47s
Overall Rank = 72/600
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 8/48
Pre-race routine:

Attended a pig-picking the night before so I suppose I protein loaded as something new and different. Woke up early. Drank 3-4 cups coffee. Ate half piece of dried toast. Drank lots of water.
Event warmup:

Wandered around the race site. Talked with some friends.
Run
  • 1h 40m 47s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 07m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

Stayed steady for the first half of the race and did the first two miles at ~ 8 min mile pace. I didn't closely track my pace after that point so I don't have splits, but know the second half was faster than the first. Slowly passed people enjoying the long decent to the bridge. After coming up the hill from the lake I was passed by a guy who looked like a runner ...skinny guy, #25 ... and decided I would keep up with him and he started pulling me into a faster pace for the decent back to the bridge and back up the long switch back hill. A second runner joined us ... Guiness Shirt #108...in slowly moving up through people and me and the second runner passed skinny guy soon after the tough hill up to the cemetery. I kept up with Guiness shirt over the 40 bridge and then passed him right when we moved onto the greenway, picked up the pace and dropped him. Passed a few more people on the greenway and was surprised by th steep hill to the finish, but was able to keep running as many started walking. A 17 year old that I passed on the hill came galloping by me with 25 yards to go and I kicked it up and passed him back before the finish. Good race.
Post race
Event comments:

Tough course but fun race through Umstead.

Last updated: 2011-02-21 12:00 AM
Running
01:40:47 | 13.1 miles | 07m 41s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/48
Overall: 0/600
Performance:
Course: Through Umstead State Park on Old Reedy Creek Rd. Bridal Trail. Some big hills.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2011-05-23 2:24 PM

User image

Subject: Inside-Out Sports Classic Half-Marathon - 2011
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Inside-Out Sports Classic Half-Marathon - 2011 Rss Feed